Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Compile errors in 8.1.1.0 - NinjaTrader.Cbi.License.MachineId no longer available ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bruce DeVault View Post

Now that the hotfix has rolled out, yes, you can use NinjaTrader.Cbi.License.MachineId and it returns the same thing it returned before.

Confirming the device by email is when you connect a machine that has not connected to your account before. It is not every time you sign on.

--

Bruce DeVault
    QuantKey LLC
    www.quantkey.com
    Thanks
    I did indeed not receive any emails or questions anymore after starting up again.

Marcus

Comment

​8.1.1.0 is installed, I have this error
      Attached Files

Comment

Can someone please clarify how the hotfix solution works?

1. Do customers/clients need the hotfix which would allow them to use an Add-on that was compiled by the vendor on pre 8.1 version?

or

2. The vendor needs the hotfix to generate a new Add-on. In that case, do users still need to upgrade to 8.1 or will such Add-on work on pre 8.1 versions?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by fluxcap7 View Post
          Can someone please clarify how the hotfix solution works?

1. Do customers/clients need the hotfix which would allow them to use an Add-on that was compiled by the vendor on pre 8.1 version?

or

2. The vendor needs the hotfix to generate a new Add-on. In that case, do users still need to upgrade to 8.1 or will such Add-on work on pre 8.1 versions?

Thank you
          What I believe they mean by a hotfix is they updated the 8.1 download to include the fix (without changing the version number). So, if you download 8.1 now (not use an 8.1 setup you downloaded earlier) you are getting the already fixed 8.1. There is no need then to do anything else but to install 8.1.

The NinjaTrader.Install.msi before the hotfix was applied was 73,134,080 bytes. The one after the hotfix was applied is 73,146,368 bytes just as an FYI. But, just download the current one - don't run one you downloaded earlier to avoid any confusion if you're just now updating (or your customer is just now updating) to 8.1.

It is my understanding and belief that it's "fixed" and you don't need to worry about this issue any longer if you download 8.1 today and update.

--

Bruce DeVault
          QuantKey LLC
          www.quantkey.com
          Bruce DeVault
          QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

What I believe they mean by a hotfix is they updated the 8.1 download to include the fix (without changing the version number). So, if you download 8.1 now (not use an 8.1 setup you downloaded earlier) you are getting the already fixed 8.1. There is no need then to do anything else but to install 8.1.

The NinjaTrader.Install.msi before the hotfix was applied was 73,134,080 bytes. The one after the hotfix was applied is 73,146,368 bytes just as an FYI. But, just download the current one - don't run one you downloaded earlier to avoid any confusion if you're just now updating (or your customer is just now updating) to 8.1.

It is my understanding and belief that it's "fixed" and you don't need to worry about this issue any longer if you download 8.1 today and update.

--

Bruce DeVault
            QuantKey LLC
            www.quantkey.com

Thank you for your response. Just an FYI, I did download a new MSI and the size matches the one you mentioned. But things still aren't working. I'm still getting the Cbi.License error when I try to add an indicator from the 3rd party package. Hoping to hear back from support soon.

Comment

Originally posted by fluxcap7 View Post

Thank you for your response. Just an FYI, I did download a new MSI and the size matches the one you mentioned. But things still aren't working. I'm still getting the Cbi.License error when I try to add an indicator from the 3rd party package. Hoping to hear back from support soon.
              It would clarify the situation if you post or email support what the specific error you are getting is. Is it a reference to NinjaTrader.Cbi.License.MachineId or to some other property in NinjaTrader.Cbi.License?

--

Bruce DeVault
              QuantKey LLC
              www.quantkey.com
              Bruce DeVault

Comment

It would clarify the situation if you post or email support what the specific error you are getting is. Is it a reference to NinjaTrader.Cbi.License.MachineId or to some other property in NinjaTrader.Cbi.License?

--

Bruce DeVault
                QuantKey LLC
                www.quantkey.com

Yes, I provided more details in the support email. Was trying not to get too much in the weeds here. But since there was more interaction in the forum, I thought we might be able to reach a resolution quicker. I was merely pointing out that installing the updated msi didn't work -- at least in my case. I appreciate that you took the time to respond.

To answer your question, my code includes NinjaTrader.Cbi.License.IsLifeTime. The error I got in Output window complained about NinjaTrader.Cbi.License.get_IsLifeTime()..

Thank you for your response.

Comment

There are definitely changes in this area, obviously. It was possible pre-8.1.1.0 to determine a few things about the user's license that a vendor might need to know, but which it is now not obvious that there is an alternative.

For example, in 8.0.x.x, it was possible to determine the status of LifeTime, MultiBroker and LiveTrading. Whilst MachineId is now "hot-fixed" and available, these (and others) should somehow also be made available. One in particular that matters in any trade management context is LiveTrading. Knowing this (true/false) dictates what is allowable and what is simply not possible, thus presenting the user only with what is relevant. It's all about customer focus.

Thanks.
                  Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
                  jeronymite
                  NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Assuming NinjaTrader.Cbi.UserEntitlement.MachineId is the 'new home',
                    does this work?

Code:
                    NinjaTrader.Cbi.UserEntitlement.MachineId.IsLifeTime
                    Either that or something like it... just an idea.

Using intellisense in NinjaScript Editor should be able to confirm or deny.

(I don't have 8.1.1.0 installed anywhere right now, so I can't check this.)
                    Last edited by bltdavid; 03-07-2023, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bltdavid View Post

Ray and all upper mgmt should be ashamed of this remarkably
                      stupid decision.

Just my 2˘.

100% agree. This release was extremely poorly managed. Zero notice as far as I can see to vendors and supporters of the product. This seems to pile on the fact that Ninjatrader most often just do not listen to or consult users. Actual traders I mean. Whoever thought it would be a good idea to release this, like this, with zero user base testing or notice, should be ashamed. The damage done to your own supporters and vendors is clear.

Comment

bltdavid Good approach, and very close for some:
                        Code:
                        NinjaTrader.Cbi.UserEntitlement.IsLifeTime
                        NinjaTrader.Cbi.UserEntitlement.IsMultiBroker
                        Nothing for LiveTrading, which is an important one to know.

Thanks.
                        Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
                        jeronymite
                        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Said it all before on .27 change of installation directory.

They've simply doubled-down on 8.1.1

Comment

Originally posted by jeronymite View Post
                            Nothing for LiveTrading, which is an important one to know.
                            Yes, that would be helpful.

NinjaTrader has only so far exposed some specific things in UserEntitlements and IsLiveTrading is not one of them. In NinjaTrader.Cbi.License, only the MachineId was ported from 8.0 to 8.1 for compatibility reasons and to put out the support fires of which this thread's participants are aware - for anything else, you would need to check UserEntitlements or await additional properties to be made available

--

Bruce DeVault
                            QuantKey LLC

Bruce DeVault

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
                            2 responses