Restoring NT8 windows at multiple monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Jason
    it's a pitty you cannot reproduce the issue. I can say only, that this behaviour occured at me both with LG monitor and AGON monitors. Strange...
    This is the mentioned reply of NVIDIA copy-paste:
    -------
    Staff Account (Derek) via channel 'Email'03/22/2023 12:17 PM
    Hi Ivo,
    My name is Derek with the escalations team. After reading through the notes here I wanted to mention that the behavior you mention here is expected. Depending on the monitor, when it enters sleep mode, the Windows OS sees that as a physical removal from the computer and attempts to help by moving some of the windows.

The workaround is to disable Deep Sleep mode (or something named similar) on the monitors in question. The downside here is that not all manufacturers have this option on the monitor.
    -------

So it means they say 1) windows really do not see the display after it's standby/sleep and 2) they say the are not able or willing to handle the problem and 3) they say the monitors from various mantufacturers behave differently. Thus the ball is still at the application side - NinjaTrader should remember the windows positions set in workspace independently of the physical monitor visibility for the operating system. I hope you understand the situation similarly and I really appreciate your efforts so far, be sure.

Ivo

Comment

Originally posted by dshalom9 View Post
      So it means they say 1) windows really do not see the display after it's standby/sleep and 2) they say the are not able or willing to handle the problem and 3) they say the monitors from various mantufacturers behave differently. Thus the ball is still at the application side - NinjaTrader should remember the windows positions set in workspace independently of the physical monitor visibility for the operating system. I hope you understand the situation similarly and I really appreciate your efforts so far, be sure.
      I'm not certain that an application can easily distinguish between windows being moved by the user vs. windows being moved by the operating system. For instance, I can press Windows-RightArrow and pop windows in one operation to another monitor - should the application be second-guessing the operating system regarding why the windows were moved? If it does preserve these locations despite that the operating system moved them to the visible monitors and in spite of the fact that the preserved location is not visible, it would need an option then to move them later to the visible monitors because the monitor might really be unplugged/broken etc.
      Bruce DeVault
      QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Hello Ivo,

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bruce, Jason
          I understand the complexity of the situation and I can only hope that it can be solved at application level. Many thanks for passing it to Development team and if there is any kind of help, I could provide, let me know please.
          Ivo

Comment

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-5826. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Felix Reichert, 04-26-2024, 02:12 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Felix Reichert  
            Started by MrForgetful, Today, 01:28 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes