Unbundled Exception When Attempting Addon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unbundled Exception When Attempting Addon

​​Please see the attachment. I get this message when I attempt to load a license management addon for an indicator loaded on NT8. Can you please help? ​​

Can you retry your attachment?

What version of NinjaTrader are you running?
    Control Center > Help > About

Is this a 3rd-party license management addon?
    Have you contacted the 3rd-party for their help?

Good luck!

Comment

Appreciate the response. I’m using 26.1. The add on is from Acme Products. Their website is ranchodinero.com. I am attempting to use an add on called Volume Session Profiles. I have to be very honest here. I have emailed NT support many times and have received no help. Only one response with a “fix” that didn’t work. I responded to that email several times without any response. I have asked if I could speak with someone, no response. I have a lifetime license or I would never use the company again. I have contacted Acme and they blame it on NT, which I happen to believe as I know several other traders using their products with no problem. So, this is what has prompted me to try this forum.

Comment

Gotcha.
        I'll try to help, but no promises.

How come?
        Ok, well, you say you 'get this message' ...
        What message?

You tried to attach something -- looks like that failed.
        Can you try again?

You say NT support sent a response with a 'fix', but it didn't work.
        Did the 'fix' fail with an error message?
        What was their fix?

I mean, I'm still blind here ...
        Last edited by bltdavid; 01-08-2023, 02:13 AM.

Comment

​This is the message I receive.​Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	130
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	1230266

Comment

Click image for larger version

Views:	135
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	1230268This is the second message

Comment

This is the email I received from NT. I did all of these suggestions and contacted Sean and asked if I could call, but there was no response. The person I spoke with at ranchodinero said it is probably an easy fix, and I believe him. I DO appreciate your help ANY help that you can give. Here is the email I received from NT.

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

You can't import add-ons in safe mode it is specifically used to strip all add-ons to ensure the platform is working properly and the add-ons are the issue.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator.

For NinjaTrader 8:
              • Open NinjaTrader
              • From the Control Center select the New menu--> select NinjaScript Editor
              • Right-click in the window and select Compile to compile all NinjaScript objects
              • At the bottom of the NinjaScript Editor window, a new section will appear where you can find the error locations
              • You can exclude the file referenced in the editor by double-clicking on the appropriate object type on the right of the NinjaScript Editor window. This will expand the object type folder. You can then select the file with a left-click--> right click on the object--> then select Open to begin debugging the file, Exclude From Compilation, or Remove to delete the file.
              If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the NinjaScript File column and Error column fully visible (not to be confused with the Code column)
              • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Windows Snipping Tool.
              • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
              We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip in our Help Guide:
              Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

I think the problem is OneDrive.

Comment

Your 'Unhandled exception' error (your 2nd error msg at post #6) shows
                  that your 'Documents/NinjaTrader 8' is stored on your OneDrive.

Don't do that.

That is, NinjaTrader should be installed here,
                  C:\Users\Tony\Documents\NinjaTrader 8

Not here,
                  C:\Users\Tony\OneDrive\Documents\NinjaTrader 8

Reinstall NT8 to remove OneDrive -- this should fix your problems.

Read through some of the google links, the answers are there.

Comment

I appreciate the help. I have uninstalled NT8 and reinstalled it. Now, when I attempt to import the addon, I receive this message. I don't know what to do.

Click image for larger version

Views:	127
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	1230285

Comment

Also, I should have stated that I made sure NT8 was installed on the path you specified.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonybenincasa View Post
                        I appreciate the help. I have uninstalled NT8 and reinstalled it. Now, when I attempt to import the addon, I receive this message. I don't know what to do.
                        This is progress.

From here, you can try a couple of ideas:

1. Open NinjaScript Editor, select any Indicator to compile, and press F5 to compile it.
                        Since the NT compiler actually compiles all NinjaScript files during each compilation, any
                        errors amongst any files will show up, regardless of which file you're compiling. Please
                        attach screenshot of any compilation errors messages shown in bottom of NinjaScript
                        Editor to this thread. Btw, a clean compile is required for an Import to succeed, so the
                        issue could very well be elsewhere in a different file, but until we resolve that compile
                        issue in that file, it will block your Acme import.

2. The sequence of installation of your prior purchases may be important.
                        Make sure you follow the instructions from Acme for the installation of the AddOn you
                        purchased. Does anything else have to be installed first? Perhaps some references?

-- And, now, for the slow but thorough nuclear option --

3. Did the folder "C:\User\Tony\Documents\NinjaTrader 8" already exist when you tried
                        re-installing? If so, then try uninstalling NT, rename 'NinjaTrader 8' to 'Old NinjaTrader 8',
                        and then reinstall NT8 again -- I'm trying to guarantee you have a completely fresh and pristine
                        'Documents\NinjaTrader 8' folder -- next, you can copy your Config.xml from the Old folder,
                        or just re-enter your broker credentials to connect to your account. [If you don't migrate your
                        'Old' Config.xml file, you may have to re-enter your license key, too.]

For #3, the point is, a factory fresh re-install into the correct folder should have no errors
                        at all when compiling
                        . After this re-install, can you connect and confirm that you can get
                        data to a chart? This should be a pristine raw installation, nothing extra, make sure this
                        step works before importing anything. Compile something, should be no errors. Connect
                        to your account, open a chart, get some data, should be no errors.

Ok, now, do you have any extra indicators or strategies that you downloaded or purchased?
                        I mean, besides the Volume Profile AddOn from Acme? Any free indicators you picked up
                        from friends or buddies or forums? Import these .zip files one at a time. Stop on the first
                        error and post screenshot of error msg -- use step 1 and post screenshot of error msgs
                        from compiler. Same with any standalone freebie .cs files -- got any of those? Copy these
                        into the correct folder, such as bin/Custom/Indicators folder, or the Strategies folder, compile
                        using step 1 instructions above, attach screenshot of any errors directly back to this thread.

My premise is this: Acme's Addon that you purchased is probably not causing the problem,
                        I'm guessing some of your other indicators or strategies have some kind of coding error,
                        possibly a free one that you downloaded, that you have source code for, is causing the
                        compiler errors.

Imports don't work unless the compile step is clean and error free before the import.
                        Thus, my advice to closely examine all your other indys and strats and addons, esp any
                        free ones you downloaded or got from friends -- chances are it's one of those causing
                        the compiler errors, which is blocking your Acme import from completing.

If you recently upgraded to 27.1, it could be that the upgrade has caused an issue with
                        something -- that's why I say go slow to rebuild your setup ... the compiler error msgs
                        from step 1 above are critical, so post screenshots of those asap.

Hang in there!

Last edited by bltdavid; 01-08-2023, 05:53 PM.

Comment

​Here is the first piece.Click image for larger version

Views:	115
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	1230321

Comment

3. Did the folder "C:\User\Tony\Documents\NinjaTrader 8" already exist when you tried
                            re-installing? If so, then try uninstalling NT, rename 'NinjaTrader 8' to 'Old NinjaTrader 8',
                            and then reinstall NT8 again -​

Yes, the file DID exist. I tried deleting it, but it wouldn't delete. So, I went ahead and installed it to the folder that you recommended. I am completing step#3 now. Thanks so much for the help.

Comment

You can exclude the file referenced in the editor by double-clicking on the appropriate object type on the right of the NinjaScript Editor window. This will expand the object type folder. You can then select the file with a left-click--> right click on the object--> then select Open to begin debugging the file, Exclude From Compilation, or Remove to delete the file.

I am having a problem deleting these files. I have included NT's response several days ago to this issue and I am not sure how to follow that point. You had mentioned that these errors could prevent any addons from loading. I'll wait for your response before proceeding. Thanks again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post cls71
                              by cls71

Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
                              3 responses