Ameritrade to Schwab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
    Our development is aware some users are being ported to the Charles Swab API and are currently working on a connection adapter.

We appreciate your patience.
    It would seem to me NT has completely dropped the ball.

Why wasn't development already working on this connection
    adapter so that this issue did not occur?

This connection adapter should have been done and tested
    months ago. You had plenty of warnings.

Conclusion?
    Someone there in NT mgmt is not doing their job.

Comment

Echoing the same complaint. I too was migrated over the weekend and am now broken. I don't understand how your business operates if you weren't ready for this given literal months of lead time. Someone didn't drop the ball. MANY people dropped multiple balls. We went through similar BS shortly after the COVID crash. Ninjatrader couldn't connect to TDA for several weeks due to some back-end change they did. A lifetime license does me a hill of beans good if the company is actively pursuing suicide.

Comment

Hello woodyfox,

Our development is aware some users are being ported to the Charles Swab API and are currently working on a connection adapter.

We appreciate your patience.
        Hi,
        Any update on how I can connect?
        Thanks,

Comment

Hello woodyfox,

Unfortunately, when our development contacted TD Ameritrade they were not notified of the upcoming change.

At this time there is no update on this, but our development team is hard at work to get a new connection adapter up and running as quickly as possible.
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello woodyfox,

Unfortunately, when our development contacted TD Ameritrade they were not notified of the upcoming change.

At this time there is no update on this, but our development team is hard at work to get a new connection adapter up and running as quickly as possible.
            Wow does NT just not take any responsibility. This thread was opened December last year. In February a user even provided NT a link to pertinent information.
            But yet
            "Unfortunately, when our development contacted TD Ameritrade they were not notified of the upcoming change".
            Maybe "development" should have just done a "google" search instead.
            Please keep your customers updated as to the progress.
            Thanks

Comment

Hello woodyfox,

Hi Chelsea B.
              Its been a couple of weeks since we lost connections. Is the development team any closer to having a connection adapter. If they do have it done, where would I find the connection instructions.
              Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by woodyfox View Post

Hi Chelsea B.
                Its been a couple of weeks since we lost connections. Is the development team any closer to having a connection adapter. If they do have it done, where would I find the connection instructions.
                Thanks,
                I actually reached out to TDA support last week inquiring about their 3rd party API support during the transition to Schwab, and from the information they relayed to me, while they are maintaining an API at Schwab, it doesn't appear that the API port to Schwab itself is quite done yet. It's expected to be ready around winter 2023, but it's still under construction. I still have an account open with TDA (main account currently with IBKR) and I think it's very much pushing it for things to be ready just by my November 3 date. Considering that NT has totally dropped the ball on this, I wouldn't rely or expect things to resolved any time soon, imho.
                Last edited by nickslad; 09-18-2023, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Hello woodyfox,

Hi @NinjaTrader_ChelseaB,
                  We are heading towards 4 weeks on this...Any updates on the status? Maybe some projection to when we could expect a new connection adapter.
                  Thanks,​

Comment

Hello woodyfox,

Unfortunately, there is no update at this time.

TD Ameritrade unfortunately did not provide our development about the upcoming changes when our development contacted them, as they had not yet actually finished the API at that time.

Our development is aware of issue and is working hard to create a new connection adapter for this API. This is a very involved process and will take some time.

That said, once completed, the new adapter will not be available until a new release of NinjaTrader.

Comment

Hello Community,

Our development team has updated me that the TDA Shwab API is still not completed at this time, and our development team is still waiting for the Retail Trader API Documentation from the Schwab / TDA team.
                      The Schwab API/Documentation is still not ready, but we should be getting some preliminary documentation very shortly.

TDA accounts will continue to be able to use the existing (old) TDA API to connect until all clients have been migrated, and we are expecting this to remain active until March of 2024.
                      Once an account is moved to Charles Schwab brokerage, such account will no longer be able to authenticate into the TD Ameritrade API.

Comment

Thank you for the update. You mention:
                        "We are expecting this to remain active until March of 2024."
                        Can you clarify what you mean by this? What are you referring to with the word this and what is remaining active?
                        My TD account has been moved to Schwab so is there now no ETA at all for when I can access data from Schwab in NinjaTrader?

Also earlier you said
                        "That said, once completed, the new adapter will not be available until a new release of NinjaTrader."
                        I ask: when the adapter is complete, can we expect it to be released as quickly as possible? Or will we have to wait for a new major release?

Comment

Hello okrsfinance,

We expect the existing TDA API NinjaTrader uses to connect to TDA will remain usable until March 2024.

Unfortunately, I would not be able to provide an ETA. TD Ameritrade still needs to finish the API and then provide documentation to our developers. After this our developers will need time to build the connection adapter.

TDA has reached out and let our developers know the API documentation should be released very shortly.

While I am not confirming what release the updated adapter will be apart of, in the past issues that will cause a disruption in service are pushed to their own release if one is not imminent.

Comment

Just coming across this thread. Suddenly I am not able to connect to TD Ameritrade/Schwab now. I don't really understand "TDA accounts will continue to be able to use the existing (old) TDA API to connect until all clients have been migrated​". Does this mean we can still somehow connect to TD Ameritrade/Schwab, if so how do we go about doing this?

Within Preconfigured Connections, I removed the TD Ameritrade Connection and then restarted. I then readded TD Ameritrade and hit Authorize.
                            I get TD Ameritrade Authorization, Ninjatrader would like to access your TD Ameritrade account(s). I hit Allow. Then I get your account is waiting for you at Schwab, I login, but then I can't do anything from here, I'm stuck in this window and when I close the window it still has not authorized? ​

Last edited by zachj; 11-06-2023, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Hello zachj,

As long as the account has not migrated to Schwab you will be able to connect using the existing TD Ameritrade connection adapter.
                              Once the account is migrated to Schwab the account will no longer connect and will need to wait for NinjaTrader to create a Schwab connection adapter after receiving the Schwab API documentation from Schwab.

Comment

Has there been any update on this?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by FAQtrader, 04-25-2024, 12:00 PM
                                6 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post blkbird
                                by blkbird