Unable to connect to DB after upgrading to NinjaTrader 8.0.27.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello 2commakid,

Can you please right click in the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data'. Check if the missing historical data is loaded. If not, please perform a restart of the NinjaTrader platform and check again. If not loaded initially, please right click in the chart once more and select 'Reload All Historical Data'.

If the issue remains, please tell me for what instrument and what period (+ time zone) you have historical data missing.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello makeuptime,

Did you try the instructions below? This resolved the issue for other clients that run NinjaTrader on a Mac with Parallels.

When installing NinjaTrader on a Mac using Parallels, you will need to ensure that the following steps have been taken prior to the installation of NinjaTrader.
      • Start Parallels and select your virtual machine
      • Press the "Configure" button on the top
      • Under "Options", select "Sharing"
      • Uncheck "Share Mac" under "Share Mac User Folders with Windows"
      • Press "OK" and start the virtual machine
      Could it be "Share Mac" setting is checked? If so, please uninstall NinjaTrader as per the instructions below, then uncheck "Share Mac" and subsequently reinstall NinjaTrader.
      • Make sure NinjaTrader is shut down.
      • Uninstall NinjaTrader 8 via Windows start menu-->Settings-->Apps.
      • Uncheck "Share Mac" in Parallels
      • Download and install NinjaTrader 8.0.27.0 from the link below.
      • https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
      Check if you are now able to start NinjaTrader successful. If the issue remains, please send me your log and trace files.

If the issue remains, please send me the log and trace files. The Control Center refers to the NinjaTrader Control Center (see attached screenshot).
      Attached Files

Comment

Good afternoon. I am experiencing this issue as well. Prior to today I have use Ninja Trader with trade copier without issue.

The issue started this morning when trade copier was not functioning properly. (I have 10 accounts linked through trade copier and it was only showing trades on 5 even though all were configured to trade per usual.)

After some basic troubleshooting I decided to uninstall/reinstall Ninja Trader. I have now done this numerous times. Here is my setup:

NinjaTrader (latest version downloaded today)

Windows 11(OS build 22621.963)

Running on Parallels Desktop (Version 18.1.1)

Running on 2020 MacBook Pro with macOS Ventura 13.0.1

After the reinstall I receive the error message "Error: Unable to connect to DB: unable to open database file". Then the app closes out after pressing OK.

I have attempted:

Uninstall reinstall multiple times.
        Rename folder in documents after uninstall.
        Verified parallel settings.

Please help!

Attached Files

Comment

Update - I resolved the issue by also unchecking the "Mirror Mac..." option in the parallels settings referenced above then uninstall reinstall again. I'm hoping a future Ninja Trader update will allow both features to work.

Comment

Actually I found what caused my problem, same as others here with W11 on Parallels
            Instead of just not ticking the "Share custom Mac folder with Windows" I also chose to go under "Customize" and untick "Documents".
            After that, reinstall Ninjatrader and now works perfectly !
            Hope it will help others

Comment

Hi

The same issue, just installed Parallels, Win 11 and NinjaTrader the latest version.
              The option with shared options is unchecked (was 'unchecked' before ninjatrader installation)

But can't even login, always the same error that it 'could not connect to db'​

MacBook with M1 Pro, 12.01 (Monterey), Parallels 18.x, NinjaTrader 8.1.1.3

Is there any way to somehow manipulate with sql files, or maybe something else is required (sqlite, etc). I don't see any useful logs

Thanks

Comment

Hello wendigooooor,

If you uncheck "Documents" under "Customize" as Oli_Vier reported in post 20 and then reinstall NinjaTrader, does the issue persist?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                  Hello wendigooooor,

If you uncheck "Documents" under "Customize" as Oli_Vier reported in post 20 and then reinstall NinjaTrader, does the issue persist?

Wow, I don't know how I missed that message. It works, thanks.
                  Sorry for the inattention

Comment

This is not fixing the issue for me. How do I send you log and trace files?

When installing NinjaTrader on a Mac using Parallels, you will need to ensure that the following steps have been taken prior to the installation of NinjaTrader.
                    • Start Parallels and select your virtual machine
                    • Press the "Configure" button on the top
                    • Under "Options", select "Sharing"
                    • Uncheck "Share Mac" under "Share Mac User Folders with Windows"
                    • Press "OK" and start the virtual machine
                    Could it be "Share Mac" setting is checked? If so, please uninstall NinjaTrader as per the instructions below, then uncheck "Share Mac" and subsequently reinstall NinjaTrader.
                    • Make sure NinjaTrader is shut down.
                    • Uninstall NinjaTrader 8 via Windows start menu-->Settings-->Apps.
                    • Uncheck "Share Mac" in Parallels
                    • Download and install NinjaTrader 8.0.27.0 from the link below.
                    • https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
                    Check if you are now able to start NinjaTrader successful. If the issue remains, please send me your log and trace files.​

Comment

Hello,

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files so we may investigate this matter further.
                      • Open the Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder
                      • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                      • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com
                      • For the Subject please say "Forum Unable to connect to DB after upgrading to NinjaTrader 8.0.27.0"
                      • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance.
                      Alaura Q.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
                      10 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post traderqz  
                      Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                      5 responses