Unable to connect to DB after upgrading to NinjaTrader 8.0.27.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to connect to DB after upgrading to NinjaTrader 8.0.27.0

Hi, Ninjatrader 8.0.26.1 64-bit worked perfectly fine, but unfortunately I updated to NinjaTrader 8.0.27.0 and now I can't start Ninjatrader anymore. I keep getting error message "Unable to connect to DB: unable to open database file". I have tried this from another post
    • Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
    • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> db--> "NinjaTrader.sdf" file (may only say 'NinjaTrader' depending on your Windows File Explorer settings)
    • Right click on NinjaTrader.sdf and select "Rename" *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.sdf"
    • Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
    ​but it doesn't change anything. Ninjatrader doesn't create a new NinjaTrader.sdf file on startup. Can I downgrade to the previous version? Or what can I do? STarting in Safe Mode results in the same error message.

I uninstalled Ninjatrader and installed the new version again. Same problem as described above.

I uninstalled again and installed version 8.0.26 and it works completely fine.

Windows 10 via Parallels Desktop on iMac 2019.

Comment

Hello ppprager,

Can you please send me your log and trace files so that I may investigate.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: Att Jason, 03572084
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello, I have the same issue, Is there any solution?
        I also tried to do this : https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...87#post1213787
        but nothing changed.

It occured after uninstalling Ninjatrader and reinstalling it - I'm on Windows 11 - Parallels Desktop on Macbook Pro M1

Edit : I just figured out that x64 version wasn't installed by the program and it's not available anymore, is it related?
        Last edited by kick71; 12-12-2022, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Hello kick71,

When installing NinjaTrader on a Mac using Parallels, you will need to ensure that the following steps have been taken prior to the installation of NinjaTrader.
          • Start Parallels and select your virtual machine
          • Press the "Configure" button on the top
          • Under "Options", select "Sharing"
          • Uncheck "Share Mac" under "Share Mac User Folders with Windows"
          • Press "OK" and start the virtual machine
          Could it be "Share Mac" setting is checked? If so, please uninstall NinjaTrader as per the instructions below, then uncheck "Share Mac" and subsequently reinstall NinjaTrader.
          • Make sure NinjaTrader is shut down.
          • Uninstall NinjaTrader 8 via Windows start menu-->Settings-->Apps.
          • Uncheck "Share Mac" in Parallels
          • Download and install NinjaTrader 8.0.27.0 from the link below.
          • https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
          Check if you are now able to start NinjaTrader successful. If the issue remains, please send me your log and trace files.

The 1 icon on your desktop is as expected with the latest NinjaTrader 8 version. It does not support 32-bit anymore, so you only see 1 NinjaTrader icon (which runs NinjaTrader in 64-bit). Please see the release notes at the following link.

Attention 32-Bit Users:

•64-bit has become the standard for applications in the Windows environment
          •As we continue to modernize our desktop platform and clearing up performance related confusions around 32 vs 64 bit NinjaTrader Desktop usage
          •NinjaTrader 8.0.27.0 will be solely a 64-bit Windows application, this means the installation directory will change from C:\Program Files (x86) to C:\Program Files
          •To initiate the update simply follow the installer and restart the PC.

Comment

It solved my issue, thanks for the help!

Comment

I was able to install NinjaTrader 8.0.27.0 after unchecking "Share Mac" in Parallels, too. Thank you for the support.

Comment

I had the same problem and completed the steps and it installed ok, but how do I get my workspaces and ATM strategies ?

Comment

Hello 2commakid,

Workspaces are stored in the Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->workspaces folder.

ATM strategy templates are stored in the Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->templates-->AtmStrategy folder.

The instructions I provided should not cause you to lose these items. The Documents-->NinjaTrader 8 folder is not affected by these instructions.

If you check these folders, do you see your workspaces and ATM strategy templates?

Comment

I did all of the steps and still am getting the same message

Comment

Hello rubend20,

Can you please send us your log and trace files as per post # 2.

Comment

where is the control cemter

Comment

I'm on parallels on a Mac. using windows

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                            Hello 2commakid,

Workspaces are stored in the Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->workspaces folder.

ATM strategy templates are stored in the Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->templates-->AtmStrategy folder.

The instructions I provided should not cause you to lose these items. The Documents-->NinjaTrader 8 folder is not affected by these instructions.

If you check these folders, do you see your workspaces and ATM strategy templates?
                            Thanks I copied them from my Mac folder, which is no longer shared as per the instructions, but now there is missing data for today's price action, the bars start from the time I login to FXCM?

Comment

I have the exact same issue using paralles and a mac os catalina. The shared custom mac folders option is unchecked. Where can i find the control center? I'm not finding it on my mac?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by fwendolynlpxz, Today, 05:19 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post fwendolynlpxz  
                              Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 12:06 AM
                              11 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby