Setup daily limit of loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setup daily limit of loss

I see in the latest account settings a possibility to put a daily limit on your losses. That's very good, but why is it in $? It should be in % of your account size.

If my account grows (or gets smaller) I have to change each time the fixed amount in $. It would be easier if I could put 10% limit on my account size. I would only have to put 1 time the limit. And percentage wise my risk is always at the same level, no matter the variation of my account.​ With the fixed amount my risk jumps up and down all the time and I never have any idea how much of my account I am really risking.
    For traders who do not always take the same size this limit loss in $$$ is a nightmare.

Can this not be changed? Putting a $ amount seems to make no sense to me.
    Last edited by marcus2300; 11-11-2022, 09:13 AM.

Hello marcus2300,

Thank you for your post!

Daily Loss Limit is calculated on net profit and loss starting at the beginning of each day's trading session at 5:00 PM CT. The loss limit will include all fees and commissions as well as realized and open P&L, and this value is monitored in real-time.

On the new NinjaTrader Brokerage client portal, it is currently only possible to set a $ amount. However, you can contact our support team at support(at)ninjatrader(dot)com and ask if they can set your accounts Daily Loss Limit to your desired percentage.

Please let me know if further assistance is needed.
    Kennedy M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Anfedport  
    Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes