Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ninjatrader failed to verify license (Panic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader failed to verify license (Panic)

Hello,

I experience an annoying problem with NT8. This morning I am unable to connect to ninjatrader. I use a FXCM demo license.

Any suggestion to solve this problem?

Tried already past solutions here to same issue, nothing work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1.png
Views:	304
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	1216442

Originally posted by glennts View Post
    Problem solved. Did a net search on the error code and this pointed to network setup issues, specifically DCHP and default gateway settings. Went to Network and Sharing Center and ran the trouble shooter which found/fixed the problem.
    Wow! SOLVED!

Please keep in mind the solution everybody :

I ran the troubleshooter, reset adapter and everything work ok now.

Thanks anyway!

Best.

Comment

Back, the issue persist. Tried again the trick above, restarted the PC, but this time no longer work. Any advice?

Comment

Hello slightly,

The error indicates NinjaTrader can't connect to its license server from your end. The license server is up and running. Can you please troubleshoot the connection issue with the steps below. Test for the connection issue after each step.
        • Restart NinjaTrader
        • Restart your modem and (if applicable) router
        • Restart your PC
        • Clear your DNS
          - Open the Command Prompt: https://www.howtogeek.com/235101/10-...in-windows-10/
          - In the command prompt, run this command: ipconfig /flushdns
        • If you are not already and the option is available to you, connect to the internet using an ethernet cable. Wireless connections are significantly more unreliable.
        • Ensure exceptions have been added into any firewall/antivirus/backup programs for the Documents > "NinjaTrader 8" folder.
        • Ensure that your computer is not turning off your Network Adapter to conserve power:
          - Right-click on your Start button
          - Select 'Device Manager'
          - Expand 'Network Adapters'
          - Right-click on your Network Adapter and select Properties > Power Management
          - Uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' option
          - Click 'OK' to save the changes
          - Do this for all Network Adapters​
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason,

Thanks for your helpful answer.

I tried
          Code:
           ipconfig /flushdns
          and issue seem to be solved. I am able to connect now. If I will experience again this issue I will repeat the process.

Thank you!

Comment

And the issue appeared again. Finnaly it seem I found the solution by replacing manually the DNS servers of my internet connection with DNS servers of Cloudflare

Code:
             IPv4
            1.0.0.1​

IPv6
            2606:4700:4700::1111
            2606:4700:4700::1001​

Now everything seem to work.

Thanks!

Comment

Jason, i know this can be frustrating but I the issue persist.

I tried everything and finally restored my OS from backup made just after installed last time Windows 10.

I gave up and restored OS from system image

The issue persist even after that. I don't know what to do further an error from registry/network driver and/or configuration is excluded since the imaged OS worked flawless with NinjaTrader installed, 45 days ago.

Comment

At work, I am unable to access ninjatrader website due to an request timed out to the website. At home it work but can't connect to NinjaTrader license server.
                On Android, the website work too.

Comment

If you flush the DNS at home once more, are you able to connect to the license server again?

Are you connected wireless or through an ethernet cable? Could it be there are many wireless connections present at your home?

Do you perhaps have access to a different internet connection that you can test at home? Are you able to use your mobile phone (tethering) as internet source and check if the issue persists?
                  JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                    If you flush the DNS at home once more, are you able to connect to the license server again?
                    Sometimes worked sometimes not. I've connected to VPN to bypass the issue and worked one time. Then didn't worked after powering on the PC.

I did everything you said and what is wrote here:
                    Code:
                    https://www.kapilarya.com/wifi-ethernet-doesnt-have-a-valid-ip-configuration-windows-10
                    Nothing worked.

I ran network troubleshooting and the error "Ethernet Doesn't have a valid IP Configuration" persisted.

Uninstalled and reinstalled network adapter, issue persisted.

Coinbase worked, Kinetick worked but FCM didn't.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                    Are you connected wireless or through an ethernet cable? Could it be there are many wireless connections present at your home?

Do you perhaps have access to a different internet connection that you can test at home? Are you able to use your mobile phone (tethering) as internet source and check if the issue persists?

I am on optic fiber (cable) internet connection.

Didn't tried the mobile thetering I will take in consideration next time.

For now, I have formated the C:/ partition and restored the System Image (C: ) again from backup (last time I did without formating).

Now I can connect to the ninjatrader website from my work (not worked 3 days ago). No modification to settings were made at my work PC.

From home, I can connect now, since the C: drive was restored completely again but this time being formatted previously.

This time the issue seem to be solved.

I can't explain.
                    But thank's God everything is ok now.

Cheers!
                    Last edited by slightly; 09-25-2022, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by rbeckmann05, Yesterday, 06:48 PM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post bltdavid  
                    Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post llanqui