Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart doesn't update

Hello guys
    I hope someone will be able to help me here.
    I will say, I have been researching and trying different options I found on this forum and elsewhere but nothing helps. I'm also new to trading and NT8 platform. I'm learning
    the market and testing strategies on my simulation account before I get combine etc. I purchased the platform about 4 weeks ago but since then I on around 4 occasions my S&P 500 chart has stopped and it was't updating. On all of this occasions I was able to observe a lot of action going on in my SuperDOM but chart wasn't moving and even the market price in superDOM was on different level then in chart. Before I wasn't really thinking too much about it but now I got to point when I'm getting enjoyed and concerned as it's stopping me from practicing. Tried to call NT support and after waiting 2 hours to get connected to someone I hanged up being supper enjoyed :/ Let's get to the problem... I'm now in the same situation where my NT8 doesn't allow me to practice since yesterday (09/09/22) 1pm CT. Chart stuck 4079.25 and SuperDOM at 4084.25. In this moment there is no activity in SuperDOM as well but I guess market is closed now? However this was going on yesterday as well in market opening hours. I have my hart set up to 1000 ticks, 5 days on chart, I did try repair data base and reset data base, creating new chart, I rolled over instrument from 09-22 to 12-22, and I tried switching between MES and ES instruments in both old and new contracts. Can someone tell me what the hell is going on? It really annoys me as I have limited time when I can practice/learn and when I have time for it, it dose that. I don't have any third party apps installed etc. I'm really starting to loose my passions with it. Hope someone here can help
    Best Regards

Hello,

Was just browsing the forums but ... from reading your issue it doesn't sound like you've looked at your log / trace files to help narrow down specifics. So that would be my first go-to and will probably be what NinjaTrader is going to suggest. So if you want to get a jump on things, grab your trace and log files and email them to [email protected].

However, the second thing you can try if you're not confident on reading log files is looking at running NinjaTrader 8 in safe mode. If you're not sure how to do that we wrote an article on that for our customers, but certainly will walk you through running it. https://www.xabcdtrading.com/blog/us...ninjatrader-8/ You'll notice if your on 8.0.26.1 or higher you'll access safe mode through a shortcut icon. Otherwise you will have to use the trick described below.

Running it in safe mode will remove any third party tools, loading any workspaces (in case there is a configuration issue) and doesn't get instrument updates or connect to your data feed. So this would be my first recommendation to do IF you dont' know how to read log files and don't want to wait.

Good luck.
    xabcdtrading
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - XABCD trading

Comment

Thank you for your post
      I tried run it in Safe Mode as you suggested but unfortunately my chart is still dead. I will send the log file to support then in this case.
      Thank you for your advice.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post futtrader  
      Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
      1 response
      0 likes