For analysis in CSV or Excel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for your reply.

I did import the CSV file with the screenshot image attached last time as shown in the attached image this time, but I got the message as shown in this attachment, how can I solve this problem?
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello ラリー,

The links that I had provided earlier are not related to importing historical data. That would be if you wanted to read a .csv file with any type of data into your NinjaScript code.

To use the historical data import tool the filenames and content of the file need to be in a specific format. The historical import tool uses .txt extension files. You can read about that here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help.../importing.htm
      JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I see that you are saying that third party transaction history (CSV data, text data) cannot be imported in this case.

To use the historical data import tool the filenames and content of the file need to be in a specific format. The historical import tool uses .txt extension files. You can read about that here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help.../importing.htm
        Am I correct that the attached image I posted (about #14) can be imported here?

Comment

Hello ラリー,

The only item that can be imported is historical market data. Other items like transactions or trades would not be able to be imported. You can certainly use that type of data in your own script if you wanted to but the platform has no ability to import that and use that data in the existing tools. The sample I previously linked would be to load any arbitrary CSV data and then parse it with your own programming. The platform is not importing anything in that use case, you are reading the data and using it in your own way.

Comment

Other items like transactions or trades would not be able to be imported. You can certainly use that type of data in your own script if you wanted to but the platform has no ability to import that and use that data in the existing tools.
            How can I import transaction history using my own script?

Comment

Hello ラリー,

You can read data from a file using your script. Please refer to the sample in post #2. That shows how to work with files and parse the data. If you wanted to parse different kinds of data you need to write logic to do that.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

♯There is a text reader item in the #2 link, does this mean I can import the transaction history (#14)?

Comment

Hello ラリー,

The platform has no ability to import transaction data. You can create your own code to read your custom files if you wanted to but that would only be for your script to use, that data won't show up anywhere in the platform. The link that I provided shows the concepts of how to read files and parse the data in your script. That would be if your script needed some external data for its custom logic.

The only data which can be imported by the platform is historical data for charting, you can import OHLC data using the historical data manager.

Comment

I understand that you cannot import transaction history from CSV or text.

One more thing, there are so many posts on the Excel link in #2 that I have not read them all, but is it possible to import the transaction history if this is the case?

Comment

Thank you for your help.

If you have responded to my post, I would appreciate it if you could send it to me again, as I seem to be having some problems with my e-mails, notifications (not getting notifications, etc.) and other issues since the maintenance (NinjaTreder).​

Comment

Hello ラリー,

As mentioned the platform cannot import transactions, that is also just to read your own data but from excel documents.

Comment

So you are saying that even if we use Excel, transactions cannot be imported.
                          Thank you very much.​

Comment

Hello ラリー,

Yes. The platform cannot import transaction history from file.

The two samples that I provided in post 2 are for your own uses in your script, that has nothing to do with importing data into the platform.

Comment

Thank you, I now have a better understanding.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by poplagelu, Today, 05:00 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post poplagelu  
                              Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Bidder