Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can you close a position in a strategy and keep the strategy enabled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you close a position in a strategy and keep the strategy enabled?

Can you close a position in a strategy and keep the strategy enabled?, so for example I have a running strategy with an open position that i want to close but every time I close it my strategy gets disabled. and so when I open my strategy back again it opens back the position i originally closed which isn't what i want to happen as i want my strategy open but the position closed so it's open for new trades.

So is it possible? Can you close a position in a strategy and keep the strategy enabled so that it doesn't open the same position i closed?

So is it possible? Can you close a position in a strategy and keep the strategy enabled so that it doesn't open the same position i closed?

This would be a good feature ..so that you can manually close a position while still keeping the strategy enabled... not sure if this is a setting feature anywhere..

Comment

you write too chaotically.
      write the sequence of your actions to the goal point by point.
      what do you mean I closed the position and the strategy turned off?
      it's like saying that there is a car with the engine on and when I close the door, the engine turns off.
      positions are opened/closed under certain conditions.
      You most likely do not meet these conditions.

Comment

I think OP means when his strategy enters a position, but then OP manually
        exits that position, OP finds that the Strategy automatically becomes disabled.

OP doesn't like that.

Therefore, in other words, I think OP is asking,
        How to defeat the 'strategy automatically becomes disabled' feature when OP
        manually exits the position(s) that are opened by his Strategy.

-=o=-

As far as I know, this very specific feature cannot be disabled.
        At least, not directly.

However,
        It can probably be defeated by using an Indicator or Addon and the Account
        API to enter the position.

What I mean is, if closing the Strategy's position manually is that important,
        then the Strategy needs to manage that close. Therefore, for ex, you need to
        add a 'Close' button to the toolbar, and make the code for the 'Close' button
        be handled by the strategy.

Moral of the story:
        If Strategy enters a position, then that Strategy needs to close that position.
        If you want any 'manual' ability added to this automation, you have to insert
        that logic into the Strategy yourself -- otherwise, you need to find another way
        (eg, the Account API) and don't use a Strategy (use an Indicator or AddOn).
        Last edited by bltdavid; 07-29-2022, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bltdavid View Post
          I think OP means when his strategy enters a position, but then OP manually
          exits that position, OP finds that the Strategy automatically becomes disabled.

OP doesn't like that.

Therefore, in other words, I think OP is asking,
          How to defeat the 'strategy automatically becomes disabled' feature when OP
          manually exits the position(s) that are opened by his Strategy.

-=o=-

As far as I know, this very specific feature cannot be disabled.
          At least, not directly.

However,
          It can probably be defeated by using an Indicator or Addon and the Account
          API to enter the position.

What I mean is, if closing the Strategy's position manually is that important,
          then the Strategy needs to manage that close. Therefore, for ex, you need to
          add a 'Close' button to the toolbar, and make the code for the 'Close' button
          be handled by the strategy.

Moral of the story:
          If Strategy enters a position, then that Strategy needs to close that position.
          If you want any 'manual' ability added to this automation, you have to insert
          that logic into the Strategy yourself -- otherwise, you need to find another way
          (eg, the Account API) and don't use a Strategy (use an Indicator or AddOn).

Just drag your order into the current price, the strategy will not disable. Simply avoid using the close button and you will be fine.
          Last edited by Dice2022; 07-31-2022, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Option Whisperer  
          Started by geddyisodin, 04-25-2024, 05:20 AM
          8 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby