Interactive Brokers to disable TWS version that Ninjatrader Recommends to use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RT001 View Post
    For what it's worth, everything is working correctly on my side with the latest offline version 10.12.2d

Be aware that in my case I had to re-activate all the API settings in TWS, as this new version does not install in the same folder as the prior 98x versions - your preferences will not be carried over. Probably you could export from TWS 985 your layout / preferences settings and re-import them correctly.

But here, with the correct tws settings, I am able to display charts, send orders etc, anything that I normally do from NT8. I have used only the TWS data feed for testing purposes (I normally use Kinetick). I guess you guys know what settings to activate in TWS, but just in case:
    So the latest version does work? I'll download the version you've linked and see what I find before and after doing the API settings.

Comment

Originally posted by pmn100 View Post

So the latest version does work? I'll download the version you've linked and see what I find before and after doing the API settings.
      Okay, now that I'm out of trades for the day I've installed 10.12.2d TWS myself and it is functional for me. I didn't have to change any config settings as it installed to the C:jts folder same as v985. Price data is printing, orders can be sent/cancelled, auto restart/reconnect is working. Obviously further stability/functionality issues may still arise but it isn't completely broken as was lead to believe. At least for me. Maybe its behaving differently for different people and could be config settings need re-entering as suggested by RT001?

Comment

Another affected user here. Using IB TWS Build 10.12.2d. Dec 29 the plug gets pulled on the recommended version. Can't comment yet on performance. Also can anyone verify best java version to run with NT - IB combo? i just downloaded java 8 update 311 recommended by NT. Thanks

Comment

IB got back to me and said all tws builds currently available for download on their site have been patched for the Log4j vulnerability and can be used after Dec 29. I just don't understand why they didn't say that in their email and only suggested tws "latest".

Comment

Originally posted by rc5781 View Post
            IB got back to me and said all tws builds currently available for download on their site have been patched for the Log4j vulnerability and can be used after Dec 29. I just don't understand why they didn't say that in their email and only suggested tws "latest".
            Same answer I got. So we have the choice of 10.12.2b and 981.3g for TWS. I'd be interested if NT will specify one or the other for use with IB. I would have thought the "time tested" version 981.3g would make more sense for NT to work with as its updated much less frequently and is a known stable build. Hopefully some stability testing is going on right now.

Comment

Hello Everyone,

Thank you so much for your patience while we investigated this item.

As some of you mentioned, Interactive Brokers has provided patched versions of their Trader Workstation and Gateway software to eliminate the log4j vulnerability. We've tested 981.3g to ensure it maintains all functionality within NinjaTrader, and have confirmed that it does. The download links can be found in our connection guide below:Please ensure you're using these specific versions (981.3g) of either TWS or IB Gateway as soon as possible.
              Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Melissa,

I ran TWS v981.3g for the first time last night. Later that day, I received the following email from IBKR:-

We are contacting you because you or one of your sub-accounts has logged in to our systems during the past 7 days using an older version of the Trader Workstation that is still not patched against a global vulnerability in Apache's Log4j software library, commonly known as “Log4Shell".

To secure your Trader Workstation environment, it is important for you to download and install the latest "TWS Latest" version of Trader Workstation. Step by step instructions for this install can be found in the FAQ.

Due to the high risk nature of the vulnerability, we will discontinue operation of non-upgraded TWS installs on Wednesday, December 29.

Is it safe to ignore this email?

Regards
                Kay Wai

Comment

Installed the latest NT8 and TWS 10.12.2d last night. The chart worked partially: historical data loaded ok, but the tick data were not updated. Downgraded to TWS 981,3g from NT site and modified the connection path in the connection setting because TWS exe installed in different directory. It woks well, tickdata is updating now. The question is whether this version will be disabled or not by IB after 29.12.2021. We will see.

Comment

Originally posted by mmiterli View Post
                    Installed the latest NT8 and TWS 10.12.2d last night. The chart worked partially: historical data loaded ok, but the tick data were not updated. Downgraded to TWS 981,3g from NT site and modified the connection path in the connection setting because TWS exe installed in different directory. It woks well, tickdata is updating now. The question is whether this version will be disabled or not by IB after 29.12.2021. We will see.
                    where do you get the realtime tick data? IB or others such as Kinetick?

Comment

Originally posted by timko View Post

where do you get the realtime tick data? IB or others such as Kinetick?
                      From my IB account via TWS.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by rbeckmann05, Yesterday, 06:48 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post bltdavid  
                      Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes