Collapse

Interactive Brokers to disable TWS version that Ninjatrader Recommends to use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interactive Brokers to disable TWS version that Ninjatrader Recommends to use

Just received this email from Interactive brokers:

Dear Client,

We are contacting you because you or one of your sub-accounts has logged in to our systems during the past 7 days using an older version of the Trader Workstation that is still not patched against a global vulnerability in Apache's Log4j software library, commonly known as “Log4Shell".

To secure your Trader Workstation environment, it is important for you to download and install the latest "TWS Latest" version of Trader Workstation. Step by step instructions for this install can be found in the FAQ.

Due to the high risk nature of the vulnerability, we will discontinue operation of non-upgraded TWS installs on Wednesday, December 29.
    What version of TWS do I use with Ninjatrader now?

I am using NinjaTrader 8.0.25.0 and IB Gateway 981.3c and received the same email from IB.

Comment

Hello pmn100,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

For our records, what version of TWS are you currently using?

​​​​​​​I look forward to your response.
      Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Received the same email as OP

Using NT 8.0.25.0 with IB TWS 985.1g ( the recommended version from NT which is downloadable from your IB connection Guide)

Please advise on which version of IB TWS to use going forward and update the download link via your IB connection guide.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Zachary View Post
          Hello pmn100,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

For our records, what version of TWS are you currently using?

​​​​​​​I look forward to your response.

I have the same issue. I use TWS 985.1g (downloaded it from the NT site with the latest NT update)

Comment

Hello all,

Thank you for your posts regarding this announcement from Interactive Brokers.

At this time we have not thoroughly tested newer versions of TWS so cannot confirm if they will work as expected with NinjaTrader 8. That is not to say that you would be unable to connect with a newer version of TWS, just that we could not confirm the stability.

Our development team is aware of the information you provided regarding the discontinuation of the currently supported version of TWS and is investigating if it would be feasible to officially support a newer version for use in NinjaTrader 8. In the meantime, you are certainly free to connect with the newer version while we conduct testing on our end.

Thank you for your patience as we investigate this item.
            Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

IB is directing us to this page with the latest version being TWS 10.12.2c.

Can the development team immediately start some testing on this version of TWS and ensure basic functionality exists, along with some stability testing before we are forced to switch in 5 working days time?

An update from the dev team prior to the 29th would be appreciated.
              Last edited by pmn100; 12-21-2021, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Please note that this impacts IB Gateway also. I am currently running Gateway v973.2h and received the same email. I will upgrade to the recommended 981.3c but this may be affected also.

Thanks,

Comment

It's all about the Log4js bug. IB mandates everyone to upgrade to 10.11.x saying that it will reject connections from lower version GWs after 29th of Dec.

I am waiting to see if Ninja has any version update so I can do it in one go...

Comment

Tagged. same issues here.

Comment

Just updated TWS to this latest version and Ninjatrader is no longer working, it is not plotting any data on charts.

Comment

Originally posted by hypernova View Post
                        Just updated TWS to this latest version and Ninjatrader is no longer working, it is not plotting any data on charts.
                        If this is the case NT need to get onto this immediately and get those of us affected an internal build out that has at least the basic functionality of connection, price plotting, order submission/execution. Can we please have an update asap as the clock is ticking.

Comment

Originally posted by hypernova View Post

Have the same issue. When connecting the initial chart is loaded in NT. Next the chart is not updated in NT while the price moves in IB.

Comment

hopefully NT is fast on this issue

Comment

Originally posted by timko View Post
                              It's all about the Log4js bug. IB mandates everyone to upgrade to 10.11.x saying that it will reject connections from lower version GWs after 29th of Dec.
                              Thanks to timko I realized the 981.3c was not the latest so installed the 10.12.2d and ran some tests this morning and all seems to work fine with my strategy. I will keep an eye on it over the next week or so but the latest Gateway seems to work fine. The only issues is the overnight restarts IB introduced in these later versions but there doesn't seem to be a way around this.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post burtoninlondon  
                              Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post AaronKoRn