Available Connections: Missing NinjaTrader Continuum option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Available Connections: Missing NinjaTrader Continuum option

Hi, so I just downloaded NT8. I signed up for the free live market data for futures, but when I go to try to connect, there is no NT Continuum option. Not sure now to proceed. The version that I am using is 8.0.24.3 64-bit. Thanks for any assistance that you are able to give me.

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

It sounds like you're experiencing some general network connectivity issues preventing you from accessing the license servers..

The first thing I would recommend doing is shutting down NinjaTrader and restarting your modem/router.

If you have an antivirus/firewall installed you will want to add NinjaTrader to its exceptions list.

Using a hard wired Ethernet connection rather than WiFi can also provide a much higher quality connection.

To resolve general network connectivity issues, I recommend the following steps (test for the issue after each step):
    • Restart NinjaTrader
    • Restart your modem and (if applicable) router
    • Restart your PC
    • Clear your DNS
    • If you are not already and the option is available to you, connect to the internet using an ethernet cable. Wireless connections are significantly more unreliable.
    • Ensure exceptions have been added into any firewall/antivirus/backup programs for the Documents > "NinjaTrader 8" folder.
    • Ensure that your computer is not turning off your Network Adapter to conserve power:
      • Right-click on your Start button
      • Select 'Device Manager'
      • Expand 'Network Adapters'
      • Right-click on your Network Adapter and select Properties > Power Management
      • Uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' option
      • Click 'OK' to save the changes
      • Do this for all Network Adapters
    • If the above steps do not help, contact your ISP and let them know you are experiencing a highly unstable connection. An issue of connectivity may exist on their end.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post DynamicTest  
    Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes