Collapse

NT8 Shutdown after showing NT splash screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue has been resolved after installing the latest version of NJ 8. Thank you @Support!

Comment

Manfred,
      is there an e-mail distribution list for NT upgrades or changes in the recommended use of IB Gateway/TWS?
      It would be really helpful if we all could get a e-mail one week ahead to know that there is an change/update coming.
      Thanks,
      Klaus

Comment

Hello Klaus,

Thank you very much for your post.

The easiest way to be notified of new NinjaTrader updates is by subscribing to our News and Announcements board:

Once subscribed, you would automatically receive a message each time an update is posted.

Regarding TWS and IB Gateway; As it takes a significant amount of time for our QA team to ensure a version is compatible and does not cause any issues, you can generally expect the TWS/Gateway version you have installed to run without issues, even if NinjaTrader updates.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if we can be of any further assistance!
        Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Manfred,
          thanks for that idea. I just subscribed. But I also have to emphasis on the importance of your changes. Like the "detail" that you only support 8.22+ on your servers. I would expect these kind of news also on this threat.
          Thanks,
          Klaus

Comment

Hello Klaus,

Thank you very much for your reply.

While this board is generally only used for platform upgrades, I could definitely see the benefit of having important platform-wide announcements posted there as well.

I've reached out to the team managing these updates to look into adding this.

Thank you very much for your feedback!

Comment

Thanks Manfred!

Comment

Hello NT Support,

After a few days after this incident we are back in business thanks to your immediate help and suggestions how to solve the issue.

Thanks for your effort.

C

Comment

Hello fernlicht,

I'm very glad to hear everything is working as intended again.

If you ever experience any further issues, please don't hesitate to let us know!

Comment

Hi, Until this morning it worked. Somebody decided to push a button an released a new IB TWS/GATEWAY version and forced a shutdown ! Punch me because this can’t be real.
                    Is now IB Gateway working? Any info or release notes?

Comment

Hello fernlicht,

Do you have the option of downgrading to the TWS/Gateway that last worked?

Using their offline version will keep TWS/Gateway from automatically updating, this would limit it to the version that didn't cause any issues.

Comment

What a mess this is crazy, or a big joke really, i have no words.
                        I did the update just last week because last version did not work...
                        To what should i downgrade?

Comment

Hello fernlicht,

What version did you use prior to the update this morning? If that version of TWS or Gateway worked, I would highly suggest keeping this version installed and not using an auto-updating version.

Comment

I used the latest version before this morning new version.
                            There are some many versions and combinations, I lost track…

Comment

Could, you please go back to your Team and discuss and suggest a working combination? I think after all the mayhem on this topic it would be great to solve it…
                              btw. Take a look at this topic… same same…
                              Hello. I am developing strategies for algo trading with no human involved after all was set properly. I am using IB as my broker and also for price quotes (for now any how). My problem is that Interactive Brokers IB-Gatway can either logout at a specific hour, meaning i need some script or manual intervention in orderto log in
                              Last edited by fernlicht; 08-20-2021, 02:15 AM.

Comment

Hello fernlicht,

The supported version of TWS and Gateway is still 985.1g and 981.3c respectively.

As each newer version includes updates that need to first be implemented into NinjaTrader, and thoroughly tested by our development team, we're never able to guarantee that a newer version than the supported will function reliably.

Furthermore, as with any third-party software, NinjaTrader has very limited access to the inner workings of TWS/Gateway and can only communicate with this application through a very limited API.

To not affect this connection, we always advise against updating TWS/Gateway, especially if no issues occur.

Be assured, our development team is also working on further improvements to NinjaTrader's side of the connection; As this greatly depends on the stability of the TWS/Gateway, however, it is a neither easy nor fast process.

If you have any chance of tracking down which version you used successfully prior to the update, and can revert to it, I would suggest that. If you would like further assistance, please don't hesitate to drop us a quick note at platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com, we could then schedule a remote session and assist you in person.

If you contact us, please mention "ATTN Manfred 3213313" in your email to ensure we can associate it with this post.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Bidder
                                by Bidder

Started by DJ888, Yesterday, 10:57 PM
                                0 responses