Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Shutdown after showing NT splash screen

Hello,
    really strange behavior. NT8 will not start after this weekend. It was perfect on Friday's session end. But when I wanted to turn it on for next week session on my AWS CE2 machine
    it shut down after showing the NT splash screen at the beginning. I checked the logs and unstalled it and installed it again. Restarted the instance
    Here is what the log shows:
    2021-08-08 22:27:33:644|2|4|Session Break (Version 8.0.19.1)
    2021-08-08 22:27:35:061|1|4|Verifying license at primary server...
    2021-08-08 22:27:35:326|1|4|Type=Simulation State=Verified Start Date=01/01/2005 End Date=01/12/2099
    2021-08-08 22:27:36:461|1|4|Global simulation mode enabled
    2021-08-08 22:27:37:605|0|4|Unhandled exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2021-08-08 22:27:37:636|1|4|Automated trading disabled
    2021-08-08 22:27:37:717|1|32|Order entry hot keys disabled
    2021-08-08 22:27:37:717|1|4|Auto close enabled=False

After the "Unhandled exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." it shuts down.
    This version on that environment was working fantastic for more than one year now. What happened since Friday evening?
    I also tried my other AWS EC2 instances (which are not productive) with the same result, shutdown.

I tried to launch NT8 in safe mode and it launched (run). But what does that mean for my problem, since I did not change anything?
    What to do now?

BTW: what strikes me, when I connected to the EC2 instance NT8 did not run.. but I did not close it...

Last edited by fernlicht; 08-08-2021, 03:28 PM.

This is exactly what has happened to me - I am not able to open Ninja and I get that same error message - is there a fix?

Comment

I am having the same issue, have sent log and trace files to support.

Comment

Hello fernlicht,

Thank you for your note.

I see that you're using an older version of NinjaTrader 8. To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
        • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
        • Click on the link: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
        • Enter your license key and press Submit
        • Select 'Download'
        • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
        Please let us know if this error persists in the latest build.

Comment

I know that the version number is not the newest, but it is the latest that works in conjunction with IB Gateway. All future versions still DO NOT work properly. So, I need to fix this because it worked and run perfectly and I don’t see why I should upgrade to something which I’m using in production and new is still is in dev stage. Could you please assist in my issue?

Comment

Another hint, on my Dev PC it does work and I‘m using a newer version there, since it is not critical and does not connect to IBGateway.

Comment

KBWan, could you share the insights of support?

Comment

Note: I launched a new clean new AWS EC2 instance and tried to install clean Version 8.0.19.1 (which was/is my productive version for more than one year) and I get the same result/error.
                Can not launch Ninjatrader 8 because of "Unhandled exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

So, I'm now absolutely clueless what is wrong. And having my productive server down my algos cannot work, which is pretty hard.

Comment

I am getting same issue on my Google cloud windows instance from today. It was all well till Friday evening. I did not do any changes to NT or any indicators and all was working fine from 2 years on same Google cloud instance.

I cannot launch NT8 due to "Unhandled exception: Object reference not set to instance of object".

I uninstalled NT8 and installed latest version from NT downloads. And now i directly get message "Ninjatrader stopped working" . Not sure what to do. Any help is appreciated.

Comment

Hello fernlicht and sandy4543,

Thank you very much for your reply.

NinjaTrader 8.0.19.1 is from 2019 and would no longer be supported (our current version is 8.0.24.3).

As of this weekend, at least version 8.0.22.0 is required to be able to connect to our servers.

The newest version not only comes with a significant amount of upgrades and advanced features but has also been tested to work reliably with the suggested IB Gateway version (981.3c).

Could you let us know if you've experienced any issues with this version?

You may find the supported version for both, the TWS and Gateway, in our Connection Guide linked below:

https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide

We generally advise against using a non-supported version of the IB Gateway or TWS, or an outdated version of the NinjaTrader platform, as this could cause issues and potentially affect live trades.

Should you experience any issues using NinjaTrader 8.0.24.3 together with IB Gateway 981.3c, please let us know!
                    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Manfred; 08-09-2021, 05:38 AM.
                    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

I downloaded latest version 8.0.24.3 from site and installed it. Just clicking on NT8 throws up error screen immediately "Ninjatrader has stopped working. Check online for a solution or close program". The same latest version opens normally on my desktop. This is throwing error on my Google cloud windows instance. Please help.

Comment

@support
                        look, did you warn your customers in advance of these changes and that versions will STOP working??
                        some of us , for sure me, are using NT professionally. I‘m managing real money(not just 5k) from oudside and myself.
                        Our index tracker which one can buy through an exchange is managed by NT!
                        My Business just stopped! Can you imagine what is happening on our side at the moment? And now you force us to switch to an untested environment and be productive??? Or we just shut down our business for what one month? Or two??

Comment

sandy4543 - Please send us your log & trace files, we can then investigate what is causing this.
                          • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder
                          • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                          • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to the following email:
                            • platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com
                            • Please also mention "ATTN Manfred 3213313" in your email. That way it can quickly be associated with this post.
                          • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

fernlicht - We began alerting all our customers starting early July of this required upgrade, and that, starting 8/7, versions prior to 8.0.22.0 would no longer be able to connect. This would have occurred as a pop-up in the application itself, requiring it to be manually closed.

You may also find further information on the following website:

Be assured, we don't take these steps lightly and will always make sure to inform our customers ahead of time.
                          Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

@support, sent you the file and also the error that is coming on screen. Please have a look.

Comment

Well, thanks for the note, I saw It but could not see a total breakdown coming...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post PaulMohn  
                              Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason