Collapse

E-mail notification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello can someone please respond to this - the reason i continued the thread was for context. There has been at least 30 replies to other topics since i posted this

Comment

Hello soulfx,

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, these are all the steps we have for adding and troubleshooting a Gmail share service through NinjaTrader. Anything else preventing any emails from being received would most likely be a Google account security setting that we recommend reaching out to Google directly to resolve. In other words, it will be a Google Account=related error and not a NinjaTrader error, so it will be best to reach out to their support directly for assistance in completely setting up SMTP capabilities on your account.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
      Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

What seems apparent from this thread is that no-one can get this to work with gmail - even following all the steps. Has this been verified / tested at ninjatrader to be working with gmail ? or has something changed the last time this was looked at. I ask as otherwise it is misleading and a time wasting exercise to attempt to set this up as a shared service.
        In the share services setup in tools - options
        the email address is set to my gmail.com email
        the from name is the name of this gmail account
        i setup a user name Ninjatrader to corresponding to app via 2-step verification
        then the password generated for this.

then sending test - i get message error sending a mail message - the SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated ..]

searching for answers one factor could be the following. Regarding Ninjatrader not sure if this is based on ninja servers or your gateway based in USA and i am trying this from local instance of ninja in UK ...

Either way it would be useful to know if someone in ninja support can do this / test this ... so i know this at least has a possibility of working before i waste any more time on this ..

See below from a search on possible solutions ..

If the solutions #1, #2 and #3 are not working for you then it might be the issue with the location of the Application accessing the Gmail account.

Gmail makes sure that your account is not being accessed from some other Country or geographical location which is far from your routine location i.e. your city when you live and access Gmail daily.

Generally the servers are not present in the same country or city where we live in and hence when you host your website on such server and try to send email from your application you might receive error.

Thus to resolve it, you will need to open browser on the server and login into Gmail. This makes Gmail understand that the server and its IP Address belongs to you and it will allow you to send emails through your application.

Comment

Hello soulfx,

Thank you for your response.

We do have many users that have Gmail Share Services set up that work correctly using all the steps we have provided above. Since this is so heavily reliant on security settings in the Gmail account itself though, we are limited in what steps we are able to provide beyond the ones above. I highly recommend reaching out to Google support directly if the steps we've provided will not allow any emails to be received through SMTP yet on your account.

It is very possible that your location could have a factor in the authentication error you are receiving, however, I can assure you that these settings do work for NinjaTrader users regularly.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or updates.
          Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
          2 responses
          1 like
          Last Post BarzTrading  
          Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes