Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-mail notification

Hello!

Could you tell me, is it possible to send E-mail notification if my indicator > or < than specified value?

Thanks.

Hello U0000999,

Thank you very much for your post.

This would definitely be possible. In short; anything you can create an alert for could also send you an email or SMS.

To enable this, you would first have to set the alert itself up. A simple alert comparing the indicator to the data series would suffice, e.g. as follows:

Click image for larger version

Name:	alert 1.png
Views:	451
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	1161983

In this case, I've created a regular 14-period SMA, then added an alert to it that triggers if the ES 09-21 is less than the SMA.

As "Action", instead of playing a sound or creating a pop-up, I used the "Share a message" feature, which allows you to send an email or SMS, including a screenshot (if requested).

To enable this, you would also have to set up a "Share Service". This enables NinjaTrader to send an email on your behalf and would then allow the platform to email you from your own email address.

As a few steps are involved in setting this up, I've linked a few helpful resources below:Should you experience any issues setting this alert up or if you have any further questions, don't hesitate to let us know!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks!

So, this alert works once or every time, when it happens? I mean I need to turn it on every time

Comment

Hello U0000999,

Thank you for your response.

You will actually be able to manage when your Alert turns back on after being triggered by editing the 'Re-arm type' parameter in the Alert Configuration window like in the screenshot below.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
        Attached Files
        Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The greatest technical support ever!!!

Thanks!

Comment

So, I tried to send test E-mail through Ninja, but no mail.... What's the reason?

Comment

Hello U0000999,

What specific error messages do you receive when you attempt to send a test email? You will see this in the Control Center > Log window.

Also, which specific email provider are you using (Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo, etc)?

Comment

I use gmail,

Comment

Hello U0000999,

For setting up Gmail Share Services there are a couple of extra steps that need to be taken to ensure that everything is received correctly.

First, we will want to make sure that 2-step Authentication is turned on for your account using the following directions.

This step will need to be completed as it allows you to set up an App Password, which is required for setting up Share Services for NinjaTrader through Gmail specifically.

This setting will also allow you to set up a safeguard that requires you to confirm your identity when logging into your Google account in the future, in turn making your Google account much more secure.
                  • Go to Google.com > click on your Account Profile in the top-right > select Manage Your Google Account
                  • Select the 'Security' section on the left > scroll down to the 'Signing into Google' section > click on '2-Step Verification' and set up a verification method, such as your phone number or with the Google app on your phone
                  • Next, go back to the 'Signing into Google' section, and you will see a new 'App Passwords' section
                  • While creating a new App Password, select 'Other' > give it a custom name such as NinjaTrader > and you will then be given a new App Password that NinjaTrader will be able to use to connect to your Gmail through Share Services. Copy/paste this password somewhere that you will be able to easily access it later.

To finish the Share Service setup up in NinjaTrader, do the following:
                  • Go the Control Center > Tools > Options > General > Share Services
                  • Create your email Share Service > select 'Google
                  • Enter your Google username and the App Password you set up using the directions above

You will now be able to receive any Alerts set up for your Share Service in your Gmail account. You will also be able to setup your Phone share service using this email to have Alerts forwarded as texts to your phone as well as your email.

NinjaTrader 8 Help Guide — Managing Share Services

NinjaTrader 8 Forum — Share Services Overview

Comment

Message: "There was an error sending a mail message: The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.7.0 Authentication Required. Learn more at"

Comment

So, I tried yahoo mail service, but the same mistake.....

Comment

Hello U0000999,

Just to confirm, have you set up the Authentication and all other tips mentioned in my previous response for your Gmail account?

Comment

yes I've set up

Comment

Hello U0000999,

Unfortunately, if all of those settings have been completed on your platform and on your Google account, there will not be much more we are able to do as it is more of a Google account security setting than something in NinjaTrader specifically.

It may be worth reaching out to Google support directly for assistance in getting your account to verify and allow NinjaTrader to communicate with it using SMTP. You may also have luck finding some additional resources for setting up SMTP settings for Google accounts on the internet as well.

Comment

Hello, was there any resolution to the above - i also followed all the steps and setup 2 step verification and created 'other' as Ninjatrader and it generated a password - i then input this to the share service. When i send a test mail it is the one that is setup in the share services ? I am using gmail - surely there must be a resolution to this given gmail is one of the main emails out there?
                              This is disappointing as i had hoped to use this for screenshots

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jclose
                              by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                              10 responses
                              0 likes