Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Connection status is yellow since yesterday..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your additions to this discussion.

Unfortunately, at this time FXCM demo connections are still not working in NinjaTrader. Live accounts should not be affected, and should connect without problem.

Additionally, unfortunately due to geographic restrictions, some users in Europe will be automatically re-directed to the FXCM demo rather than the NinjaTrader Forex demo.

Thank you for your patience as we continue to investigate this item.
    Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm in the UK and similarly have the same yellow non-connectivity issue.

I have a trading buddy here who is running an FXCM demo account through NT but via emulation on to a MAC. He isn't having any issues.

Are you (tech support) able to provide any clarity on what the actual issue is, rather than the somewhat glib "we are looking to resolve this". Call me irrationally suspicious, but this spanks of someone somewhere not making whatever month end payment was necessary to keep things greased and running.

Comment

I don't have enough information about the difference between what you're doing and what your friend is doing to comment. All we can say with certainty is that FXCM is aware of an issue on their end impacting demos allocated to NinjaTrader and are working on a resolution at this time.

Comment

OK, thanks Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by TraderYoda View Post
            I'm also experiencing this problem I created a NinjaTrader-FXCM demo account as advised above but I still have the yellow connection status. I'm in the UK. I've been using FXCM Demo with Ninjatrader for years without issues. What do I do now?
            Update - I also tried a VPN using servers around the world but made no difference for FXCM Demo and Ninjatrader-FXCM account

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Melissa View Post
              Hello Don David,

Thanks for the reply.

Please keep in mind that the link I provided is for a NinjaTrader Forex account, which is different from a NinjaTrader FXCM account.

I have tested my NinjaTrader Forex account and can confirm it connects without error; when creating the connection, please be sure to select the connection type 'NinjaTrader' instead of 'NinjaTrader FXCM'.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to NinjaTrader Forex:Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Hi, it doesn't work for me.In the Control Center window, in the menu "Connections" missing "Your connection Name" Viz pic
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello Hergot,

Thank you for your note.
                Please note that the text "Your Connection Name" is simply a placeholder for the connection name that you've set for your NinjaTrader Forex connection.

You will need to follow the steps in the connection guide linked in your quote to connect to NinjaTrader Forex demos, and the select the connection as you've named it from the list after doing so.

Please write into PlatformSupport(at)NinjaTrader(dot)com, if you need additional instruction on setting up this connection.
                Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Heath View Post
                  Hello Hergot,

Thank you for your note.
                  Please note that the text "Your Connection Name" is simply a placeholder for the connection name that you've set for your NinjaTrader Forex connection.

You will need to follow the steps in the connection guide linked in your quote to connect to NinjaTrader Forex demos, and the select the connection as you've named it from the list after doing so.

Please write into PlatformSupport(at)NinjaTrader(dot)com, if you need additional instruction on setting up this connection.
                  of course I did it according to the guide: https: //ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGuides/NinjaTrader-Forex-Connection-Guide And I filled in username and password, see pic
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by plazma View Post

How do you connect Binance?
                    I don't know how to connect to BINANCE. I'm using Coinbase. But for now it's just a test. I don't know much about cryptos...

Comment

It's been virtually a week now since this "event" happened.

Clearly an awful lot more to this than just a technical issue - if it was a permissioning script it would be an easy fix.

Could someone just provide a simple "this is what has happened" explanation please. I'm not bothered about blame or fault, I just need to know whether I need to completely change my charting system and the longer this goes on, the answer is clearly that I do.

Thank you.

Comment

4 days down the line, not including last weekend and late Friday when this issue started... or when someone pulled the plug on the NT demos, and still no access despite "techie staff" trying to resolve the issue. This has affected me very badly as I have an expensive indicator suite invested in the platform, and cant use it.... not only has it eroded my trading ability and confidence, but also the trust in NT and FXCM. This is an absolute appalling issue which is taking a suspiciously and extraordinarily long time to resolve. If someone in authority can just tell us the truth about this and put us out of our misery so we can all stop waiting and wasting our time, money and education, and move on to something else more trustworthy and transparent, I would be obliged.

Comment

I have been told by the FXCM tech-squad that :-

"Due to some update that Ninja platform did, the conneciton between us (FXCM) and the platform was broker, Ninja is trying to update the new verison so we can continue providing prices. The (FXCM) team advised they are working on it currently"

Not sure how much credence I give to this, as it just stopped feeding prices mid-way through the day last Friday. A freaky time for an update, rather than an overnight batch process or weekend update.

Comment

Thanks Fieldgate.... it seemed to "break" around 4.30pm BST on Friday... agree that it doesnt sound like an update issue, rather than some plug being pulled.

Which is all very suspicious now I think about it as, during my live chat conversations with FXCM and Support emails with Ninjatrader, they both blamed each other on the issue.
                            Last edited by dmackay41; 06-03-2021, 03:45 AM.

Comment

I doubt that Ninja would have changed anything, without a new update and release notes, their last update was March 10th. I suspect its a monetary/contractual SPAT which is dragging on. Funny how the plugpull/issue was on the last trading day of May?? Don't forget this is a broker world, where integrity and transparency is at the bottom of their priority list!

Comment

Originally posted by Birdseye View Post
                                I doubt that Ninja would have changed anything, without a new update and release notes, their last update was March 10th. I suspect its a monetary/contractual SPAT which is dragging on. Funny how the plugpull/issue was on the last trading day of May?? Don't forget this is a broker world, where integrity and transparency is at the bottom of their priority list!
                                Well said

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by tkaboris, Today, 06:27 AM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post tkaboris  
                                Started by franatas, Today, 01:53 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes