Collapse

SFT 4924 IB gateway reconnect progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To avoid the daily disconnection with Interactive Brokers in NinjaTrader, you need the latest NinjaTrader version and configure Gateway/TWS to auto-restart at 11:30pm EST.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by bc24fl View Post
      All is running pretty good so far. Mon - Fri NT8 with IB disconnects running flawlessly. THANK YOU!
      Spoke to soon. IB has been unable to connect the last 3 days with errors. I sent an email to support.

Comment

Hi bc24fl,
        I reported this issue back in December '20. Using IBG 973 since then.
        This issue is really frustrating and it seems that it is not going to be solved soon. I am really unhappy with it.
        Klaus

Comment

Hello Klaus,

Please note that NinjaTrader requires Gateway version 978.2c as per the Interactive Brokers connection guide at the link below.

Can you please check if you experience the issue with Gateway 978.2c. You can install Gateway 978.2c from the Interactive Brokers connection guide.

Make sure you have the latest NinjaTrader 8 version installed (8.0.24.2) and configure Gateway to auto-restart at 11:30pm EST.

You will have to manually disconnect/reconnect each week on Monday morning.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,
            thanks for your answer. I know that NT requires IBG 978. I reported the issue of "IBG does not reconnect" back early this year (2929351) and was going through all possibilities. There was no solution from NT and in order to be able to trade 24/5 with IBG 978.
            I have to use 973.
            My way of trading (24/5) needs a reliable connection to IB. So actually I can only use IBG 973 or I have to use another system. I like NT and I do not want to use other systems (but I own them) but this IB Connection is currently a nightmare. I am really sorry to say that as I really like NT but the connection if just not working stable.
            Klaus

Comment

You all might want to have a read of https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...o-stop-working and get in touch with Jim. He has been tracking and working with IB reconnect issues for some time now. There is currently an internal test build of NT that you can use that may improve your chances of maintaining connection to IB through the multiple daily restarts.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
              Started by RookieTrader, Today, 07:41 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes