SFT 4924 IB gateway reconnect progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SFT 4924 IB gateway reconnect progress

Has this item been addressed yet? I do not see it in the release notes, and my IB FA advisor account daily restart still causes major issues.

Hello elliot5,

Please see the release notes at the link below.

Interactive Broker auto reconnects after daily restart
    Interactive Brokers
    Feature #14510
    Both Traders Workstation and Gateway connections will now auto reconnect after their daily restart.

Can you please make sure you have the latest NinjaTrader version (8.0.23.2) installed. You can check the version number at Control Center-->Help-->About.

You also require IB Gateway version 978.2c as per the Interactive Brokers connection guide at the following link.

JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Running both up to date versions. Will send my trace and log files and you will see the sec-def data farm connection is broken. Additionally daily restart of gateway results in red light for connection. Have to manually disconnect / reconnect connection and restart strategies. causes major issue obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by elliot5 View Post
        Running both up to date versions. Will send my trace and log files and you will see the sec-def data farm connection is broken. Additionally daily restart of gateway results in red light for connection. Have to manually disconnect / reconnect connection and restart strategies. causes major issue obviously.
        have long reported the same issue to NT, on the first week the 8.0.23.2 was released. I was quite puzzled why no one is expericing the same issue as mine until your message. May be IB is a minority here... may be, we are only the debugger for NT's software quality assurance team

Comment

Get same error message - Received unknown error / warning - Sec-def data farm connection is broken:secdefnj.

timko have you found a way around this problem while we wait for NT to solve such a critical issue?
          Last edited by elliot5; 02-16-2021, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Hello elliot5,

Please note that these are different issues.

- NinjaTrader does not reconnect after the daily restart of Gateway
            - The connection loss at a different time that is followed by the "Sec-def data farm connection is broken".

As mentioned in the support ticket we have open, you experienced multiple connection losses with Kinetick as well when I checked the log and trace files for the last couple of days. This indicates connectivity issues. Please troubleshoot those connection losses with the instructions I provided.

As per the connection issue due to the daily restart of Gateway, please let me know if the issue persists during the next daily restart of Gateway.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
              Hello elliot5,

Please note that these are different issues.

- NinjaTrader does not reconnect after the daily restart of Gateway
              - The connection loss at a different time that is followed by the "Sec-def data farm connection is broken".

As mentioned in the support ticket we have open, you experienced multiple connection losses with Kinetick as well when I checked the log and trace files for the last couple of days. This indicates connectivity issues. Please troubleshoot those connection losses with the instructions I provided.

As per the connection issue due to the daily restart of Gateway, please let me know if the issue persists during the next daily restart of Gateway.

I get the same error message for both issues. At the end of the day reliability and connectivity are THE most important issues for real traders. Such issues should be a clear priority for development. These are basics, and real money traders rely on the basics that are out of their control working consistently. Regards

Comment

I have just send this email to NT support:

After more tests I have made progress.
                Data vendor Kinetick – no data subscriptions to IB. IB FA account.

1/ daily automated gateway restart results in “Received unknown error/warning: Sec-def data farm connection is broken secdefnj. Connection light = green
                This error is absent on manual disconnect / reconnect to Gateway.

2/ Trading MES via the DOM after the automated Gateway restart gives log message “Instrument MES 03-21 is not enabled to receive real-time data. Please add the instruments to your IB account……

This message is absent after doing the same trade after manual disconnect / reconnect to Gateway.

************************************************** *******************************************
                I talked to IB API guys who looked at my Gateway Log files and send me the following official email (which I can forward to you)

“We have reviewed submitted logs and there were no recorded issues. Gateway is restarting successfully by design every day. The "Historical and market data disconnected" status is by design and connection should be available once requested. However, we do see 1 dropped API connection, presumably NT, that is not attempting to reconnect. You may want to contact NT directly for clarification on this. Best, Roman IB API“
                ************************************************** **********************************************

CONCLUSION: NT is not establishing the same quality connection after the automated Gateway daily restart. As mentioned above the only way to re-establish a healthy functioning connection is via daily manual dis/reconnect on control panel. The daily-autorestart Gateway connection is not functioning as it does prior to the auto-restart. THIS NEEDS RESOLVING.

Comment

I have the same issue with NT (8.0.23.2 64 Bit) / IB TWS (Build 978.2c). I have all but given up on this and coming very close to looking for another solution for my bot swing trading. If it helps, I've emailed support my log/trace files.

Comment

Download latest NT 24.1 . Make sure your Gateway is set for auto-restart at 1130pm EST. Then you will only have to do one manual disconnect/reconnect on Monday mornings. The rest of the week you will be connected without any breaks. Works- and thanks to the NT guys for sorting this. A critical problem well solved - and MUST remain so. Regards to all.

Comment

Originally posted by elliot5 View Post
                      Download latest NT 24.1 . Make sure your Gateway is set for auto-restart at 1130pm EST. Then you will only have to do one manual disconnect/reconnect on Monday mornings. The rest of the week you will be connected without any breaks. Works- and thanks to the NT guys for sorting this. A critical problem well solved - and MUST remain so. Regards to all.
                      Support reached out to me and told me to do the same. I'll let you know next week how all is running.

Comment

All is running pretty good so far. Mon - Fri NT8 with IB disconnects running flawlessly. THANK YOU!

Comment

Hello,

I am using NT8 8.0.24.2 64-bit connected to Interactive Brokers TWS 978.2c (not the IB Gateway). How should I configure the TWS and/or NT8 to avoid the disconnection issue?

Comment

Can you please make sure TWS is configured to auto-restart at 11:30pm US Eastern time zone.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                              Can you please make sure TWS is configured to auto-restart at 11:30pm US Eastern time zone.
                              Hello Jason

Can you please clarify the importance of setting TWS to restart at 11:30pm EST? I have not heard of this being a requirement before.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post algospoke  
                              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred