Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Scaling into a position - seeking help to automatically change profit/stop targets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I may answer as I brought up the stop strategy to be updated along with the ATM strategy. YES both ATM and Stop strategies update to the new average entry price for the duration of the open position until flat. All else remains the same with the newly calculated average price replacing the original price when the position was first initiated. All subsequent targets, scaling increments and stops adjust to that new average entry price which becomes static until the position is flat.
    Last edited by trymph; 02-22-2022, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Hello,

I will submit this as a feature request for the development team to consider.

Once I have a tracking ID I will post in this thread for future reference.
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello trymph,

This is Brandon responding on behalf of Chelsea who is out of the office at this time.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-5471. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:Let us know if we may assist further.
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Any progress on SFT-5471? As you can see from below I've been beating this drum for a very long time:

06-11-2007, 01:05 PM
          Originally posted by trymph View Post
          re: scaling

I havent been keeping up as I should with the new V6 so forgive me for redundancy but........did you or are there plans to work strategies brackets from the AVERAGE price resulting on scaled into positions?? PLEASSSSSSSSSZZZZZ

Comment

Hello trymph,

SFT-5471 has not been listed in the release notes of the help guide at this time.

Please note, we receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment.

When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number may be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
            Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post llanqui
            by llanqui

Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
            0 responses