Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

optimisation

I am working on the latest version.

I am still concerned and frustrated with the performance of ninja when markets are running fast as in today.

when I try to use chart trader it lags and slow to respond to trying to move ATM orders ie stop etc.

I tried to disable the local cursor - I don't use global cursor. Does the local cursor use up a lot of processing ?

i have been through the list of optimisations and narrowed down to 2 charts - one with 2 tabs the other with 6
    there is nothing in the traces and logs before you ask.

all indicators with exception of a couple are set to oneach tick the other on price change and most to onbarclose.

How do i check the database size and if this is an issue ?ie what size does it start to be an issue

I have even added more Memory now 16gb on one of my machines.

Overall i note this 22 release is now on patch 2 - after issues with drawing objects - so obviously this can affect performance.

I also just removed an indicator which draws regions in onbarupdate methods (not onrender) for certain bar conditions. I recall reading region drawing is expensive?
    If so can you also outline other possible expensive objects.

I will monitor also now without the region drawing indicator which was a lot of drawing objects every other bar

thanks

Hello soulfx,

Thanks for posting.

We'd need to look at two things to diagnose your system- your log and trace files (these contain important information about your setup, regardless of whether there's any relevant error messages), and what the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor looks like after running in your workspace for a few minutes.

You can send your diagnostic files by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2612091 ATTN Tyler

To see what (if any) NinjaScript items may be contributing to the symptoms, please open the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor:
    • Control Center > New > NinjaScript Output
    • Right-click within the NinjaScript output window > Select 'NinjaScript Utilization Monitor...
    • This window will begin to populate with NinjaScript items in order of time spent processing
    • Let this window populate for at least a few minutes then send me a screenshot of it's contents
      • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
      • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    I look forward to being of assistance.
    Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello i forgot about the utilization monitor. The process of trace and log rarely yields anything and on another matter someone looked at them.
      I get it your process but this is not the issue.
      I have some specifics on region drawing and drawing and commented i noticed a bit of change in removing. Can you comment on this.
      None of the drawing is covered in the trace / log files and have years of experience of reading this also.
      If you can comment on my other questions i would appreciate otherwise for now i will work on the utilisation on specific indicators

Comment

Hell soulfx,

Thanks for your reply.

I can't comment on what performance impact a specific indicator will have, as that is dependent on how the indicator is programmed. Two indicators that appear to do the same thing may have vastly different performance if the underlying code is different. The NinjaScript Utilization Monitor is useful for making this sort of determination.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over performance tips:Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

I have already been through that list as i stated in the initial post - unfortunately level 1 support responses don't really help much - i didn't ask about a specific indicator i asked about drawing regions. Perhaps you could ask Jim to comment on this as he has responded in the past on some of my questions. I need someone with bit more experience thanks

Comment

The question of whether an indicator drawing regions is expensive from a processing standpoint is one for the Indicator Development forum- I recommend posting the question there so a NinjaScript representative may address it properly. As your question was posted in the Platform Technical Support section of the forums, my recommendation is to use the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor to determine which indicators in your workspace are using the most processing time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Bidder
            by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
            4 responses