Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Importing data into instrument of type CryptoCurrency creates instrum. of type Stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing data into instrument of type CryptoCurrency creates instrum. of type Stock

I have encountered this weird behavior when I was trying to import some historical data for cryptocurrencies.

Steps to replicate:
    Version: 8.0.15.1 64-bit

1.) Create a new cryptocurrency instrument that is not yet available in Ninjatrader
    e.g.
    Master instrument: ELFBTC
    Instrument type: CryptoCurrency
    Currency: US Dollar
    Exchanges: Default
    Point value: 1
    Merge Policy: Use global settings
    Trading hours: 24/7
    Tick size: 0.00001

Symbol Map
    External: ELFBTC

Leave rest to default

2.) Prepare data for this instrument
    3.) Import it using Import -> Historical Data (default settings)
    4.) After importing the data, a new instrument with the same name (in this particular case ELFBTC) is created by of type Stock. When you try to load data in the chart, it actually uses the stock instrument settings. This happens over and over again.

It does not happen for cryptocurrencies that are available in NinjaTrader by default such as ETHBTC or LTCBTC

Thanks for reporting this to us. I can reproduce this behavior on my end. I am creating an internal ticket for the Development Team. I'll edit this post when I have a tracking number.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Was there any ticket created for this issue?

Comment

Yes, sorry for the lack of follow up. The internal tracking ID is QA-4037. It turns out that this is currently expected due to the fact that we only support the built-in cryptocurrency pairs. Supported cryptocurrencies are "BTC", "BCH", "ETH", and "LTC." These can be paired with regular currency (BTCUSD) or with another cryptocurrency (ETHBTC).

We will be expanding the list of supported cryptocurrencies over time. I've also submitted a feature request to the Development Team on your behalf so that client interest in this can be tracked. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-3286. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

With that said, I suspect the stock instrument would work for your backtesting needs.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 10-19-2018, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DJ888, Today, 10:57 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DJ888
        by DJ888

Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
        7 responses
        0 likes