Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marcus2300
    replied
    My personal experience is that day trading margins are only a good idea if you watch your screen from open till close of the trade.
    If you would like to keep an open position while you are sleeping it is a bad idea to trade on daytrade margins.
    Trading micros on 50$ margin is insane. Especially with the actual volatility. You will wipe out your account in 1 trade if a 10 points move against you happens. We have the last month 100 point moves in less than 15 minutes. Because of the volatility you have to put your stop far away or you are already stopped out in the first minute you open a trade.
    Many brokers don't give you that 50$ margin, you first have to proof you can control the risk by trading with a higher margin.

I am daytrading for over 2 decades and I have seen a lot of wipe outs from "traders". Not only wipe outs of their trading account, but also total wipe outs (losing everything including their house and their partner).

The fact that you have difficulties determing overnight margin costs for products confirms to me that you are far away from being a professional.

Leave a comment:

• bltdavid
    replied
    Who is your broker?

Overnight margin is only needed if you hold a position through the one hour window when no trading occurs.

When trading resumes after the one hour break, you will be back to day trading margin rules.

Leave a comment:

• collier.a15
    started a topic Overnight Margin

Overnight Margin

I am having difficulty determining overnight margin costs for products.

For example, the day trading margin is $50 for a micro contract but I would like to trade micros after the session is over. Where can I find the overnight margins for minis and micros?

Please advise

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
3 responses
0 likes
Last Post Anfedport  
Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post iceman2018