Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entry shifted when half of positions closed

Hi,
    I recently uninstalled and reinstalled nt8 and some of my prior settings have been stored back to default
    and experienced entry shift when closed half a position.

I bought 1 ES at 2872.50 and another contract at 2872.00 then my averaged entry from these 2 market orders became 2872.25.
    When market moved up, I closed one contract at 2873.25 then immediately my entry shifted down at 2871.25(not so sure.. maybe +/- 1 tick) with one contract.
    Before I reinstalled NT8, entry remained at where it was and took a profit.

On the other hand, I have problem trading with demo trades. My entry remained same and took a partial profit with one position open.
    Is there a setting which I can modify to make sure my entry stays when taking a partial profit?

Thanks for your support.

jjanguda,

Thanks for posting.

IMPORTANT— Please reach out to your Broker's Orders Desk immediately to confirm and manage any live positions/orders anytime unexpected behavior occurs with your live orders.

So that we may investigate I would ask that you contact us by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic files in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. We will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20190826.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Balage0922, Today, 07:38 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post Balage0922  
    Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
    0 responses