Serious Issue with Unresponsiveness on version 8.0.11.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crashes in SIM over the last few days

So after my issue with 8.11 I decided to use an older version (8.6) I had, that I previously had no issues with.

But it has crashed twice (Once today, and once yesterday) both within the first 20 minutes of the normal trading day: 9:30 - 10:00 am eastern. I was able to restart it yesterday and it ran fine for the rest of the day. I just restarted it again today, and maybe it will work for the rest of the day... Either way. Here are the details.

A windows dialog box pops up and says NinjaTrader has encountered a problem and needs to shut down. I copied the details of the crash and they are below:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: NinjaTrader.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 8.0.6.1
    Problem Signature 03: 58ff28a6
    Problem Signature 04: PresentationFramework
    Problem Signature 05: 4.0.30319.34004
    Problem Signature 06: 52467ee1
    Problem Signature 07: e9c
    Problem Signature 08: 1a
    Problem Signature 09: System.NullReferenceException
    OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.272.7
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 7b76
    Additional Information 2: 7b76d4031fe1b340f47da5640bb6d56c
    Additional Information 3: 65fc
    Additional Information 4: 65fc2e95ba3b18c28a81f6f377d5a2c6

Read our privacy statement online:

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Please let me know what I should do. Is this a known but with 8.6, and if so, what version between 8.6 and 8.11 is stable that you would recommend using that won't crash or freeze?

Thanks,

Ian

Comment

Hello iantg,

Thank you for your response.

Development is looking into the case on 11.1. Please try release 10 from the following link if you have not already: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect

Comment

Hi Patrick,

The bug that I experienced twice over the last couple of days occurred in 8.6. After my previous issue with 8.11, and since the other version I had handy at the time was 8.6 I decided it best to just remove 8.11 and roll with 8.6. In the past I never encountered the previously mentioned issue in 8.11 with 8.6. But now that I am running 8.6 in Live SIM I encountered a hard crash, which is equally as bad obviously.

You mentioned that perhaps I should use 8.10. Is the crash I recently experienced in 8.6 a known problem that has been resolved in one of the more recent releases or is it likely to still be an issue in 8.10? I can dig through my log files and provide you with more details if you would like to take a look. I just want to know what occurred that caused it to hard crash recently, and if this was just a bug specific to 8.6 and perhaps there is a different version that would not have this issue.

If you have any insight into this type of crash please let me know.

Thanks,

Ian

Comment

Hello iantg,

Thank you for your response.

The behavior you are experiencing is a new item to our knowledge and development is testing this. I offer release 10 as another release you could test not to say it does not have the same behavior.

We will follow up when we have any details on this matter.

Comment

Some additional information:

I am a developer by trade, and just happen to be running NT on a machine where I have visual studio, so I caught the error and was able to debug in visual studio.

Here are the details of the exception that crashed it.

System.NullReferenceException was unhandled
            HResult=-2147467261
            Message=Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
            Source=PresentationFramework
            StackTrace:
            at MS.Internal.Data.ClrBindingWorker.OnSourceProperty Changed(Object o, String propName)
            at System.Windows.WeakEventManager.ListenerList`1.Del iverEvent(Object sender, EventArgs e, Type managerType)
            at System.ComponentModel.PropertyChangedEventManager. OnPropertyChanged(Object sender, PropertyChangedEventArgs args)
            at NinjaTrader.Gui.NotifyPropertyChangedBase.OnProper tyChanged(String propertyName)
            at NinjaTrader.Gui.SuperDom.PriceRow.set_SellQty(Int6 4 value)
            at NinjaTrader.Gui.SuperDom.PriceRow.UpdateProperties (Boolean triggerPropertyChanged)
            at NinjaTrader.Gui.SuperDom.SuperDomViewModel.OnOrder UpdateNow()
            at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Exec utionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
            at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
            at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System. Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
            at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
            InnerException:

So it sounds like a null exception reference which led to the infamous "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." error message which typically tells very little. Here is all I can think of. I have a part of my code that cancels orders if x number of bars passes. Here is an example:

if (CurrentBar > barNumberOfOrder + 10)
            {
            CancelOrder(myEntryOrderS);
            }

Now if it attempted to cancel an order that was null..... I could see it throwing such an error, but crashing and shutting down!? That seems like a bit of a stretch, but for now I will try to install 8.10 and I will adjust my code to do a check for null values before attempting to cancel and see if either of these resolve the issue.

Thanks for the ongoing support and let me know if and when you have any updates.

Ian

Comment

Hello iantg,

Thank you for your patience.

If you can reproduce the null reference exception in 8.0.11.1 or the upcoming release 12 please let us know.

The lock up on the Trade Performance is fixed and implementation of the fix is planned for release 12.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
                Hello iantg,

Thank you for your patience.

If you can reproduce the null reference exception in 8.0.11.1 or the upcoming release 12 please let us know.

The lock up on the Trade Performance is fixed and implementation of the fix is planned for release 12.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
                Patrick,

Thanks! The Null reference exception was something I only ever experienced 8.6. Since I have switched to 8.10 I have not seen this behavior, so I am assuming this issue was addressed somewhere between 8.6 and 8.10. So I would consider this a non issue at this point.

This is great news that the trade performance freeze issue is being addressed and will be part of the 8.12 release!

Thanks,

Ian

Comment

Hello -

I agree with all your comments. I am having the same problems and have invested heavily in my code-base.

NT has missed the mark completely with NT 8.

Features are useless in a trading platform unless it is stable and responsive.

Build a good foundation, then add the features.

Mark

Comment

Hello mmeninger,

Thank you for your post.

Can you detail the behavior you are seeing and any error messages you may see in the Log or on screen?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Instabilty

Experiencing similar problems as those who have posted to this thread. When can we expect version 12?

Platform runs fine static, but going dynamic wreaks havoc.Lots of fun when working orders are in the market.

As far as details are concerned, the previous posts run the full gamut from intermittent RAM leaks, thrown exceptions and outright instability from startup. I have even seen this platform crash when markets open and start pushing data.It can run fine for days, place an order and it hangs and pukes. Sometimes memory consumption can be quite comical. I have seen over 20 gig being used on occasion but either a platform or PC restart brings things back to normal. Yesterday with this version Task Manager showed 27 gig!

Maybe some housekeeping tips and procedures are in order other than those listed in the help guide. Also some additional help with deciphering log entries and known Vendor issues. Maybe specific versions of Windows support programs ie: MS .NET Framework etc. which when updated introduce new variables. I am aware that this is a busy environment but many of these issue need to be resolved in the lab, not the trenches,

Many hours of time and expense have been spent sorting out bugs over the past years. At this point I am losing confidence in the trading capabilities of this platform regardless of the version. Appreciate your input!

Comment

Hello Trust,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

There is no set release date at this time.

If you wish to look into the performance further with us please detail the behavior you are seeing and any error messages you may see in the Log or on screen.

I look forward to your response.

Comment

We're working to release R12 end of this month. Holding a fix for platform lock up related to generating a trade performance report or running a strategy backtest reported in this thread. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Trust,

If you wouldn't mind if your having any other instability issues not related to the item above. Could we please work with you directly to resolve any remaining issues. We could setup a phone call to discuss this if you would have time. Could you please contact our email desk at platformsupport at ninjatrader dot com and put ATTN: Brett in the subject line and include a good phone number for me to give you a call sometime next week when you would be available.

Thank You.

-Brett

Comment

If I delete 11.1 and then install 10.0 will I then need to re-load all my 3rd party indicators?

Comment

Your indicators are located here: Documents > NinjaTrader8 > bin > Custom > Indicators. So just make a copy of this folder somewhere else on your machine before you do the uninstall. Then when you do the reinstall, you will have a copy of everything, so worse case scenario, you can just add back your original indicators folder.

I don't honestly think that doing an uninstall / reinstall touches your Documents > Ninjatrader8. I think the uninstall / reinstall works off of the files in the C: Directory.

After my issues with 8.11, I switched to 8.10 and I have been fine ever since.

Ian

Comment

now that I have done all that I get this message when I try to open NT (see attached). I appreciate the help and didn't mean to make you my personal tech support...
                                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Jonafare, 12-06-2012, 03:48 PM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post rene69851  
                                Started by Fitspressorest, Today, 01:38 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes