Saving Workspace Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving Workspace Error

I have not had the best of luck recently, actually at all, with my workspaces saving everything thoroughly. I have tried numerous ways to save my work and only portions of my analysis' get saved. So im reaching out trying to figure what the heck is the deal. Does this program not save workspaces the same as me trying to save an updated word doc? Im not a programmer obviously, but i was under the impression that if i hit the save button, it should be self explanatory from there.....

Ive lost countless hours of my effort to do my analysis through and through , and your program is just not acknowledging my efforts to save, i literally just lost 3-4 hours of work in a matter of minutes.

So here are my questions besides the obvious topic:

1.If my account is offline, does it make a difference; i was offline this weekend (obviously) doing all my detailed work, saving after every pair. I switched to my connected practice account, and everything was gone, even though i saved EVERY pair individually, before reconnecting.

2. Is there a way to auto back-up my work. If not that is ridiculous this day and age, with all the data being processed and the complex things computers do, you'd think that your program would have a fail safe in place for the user. It's a way to keep your customer happy.

3. When you do save, what is saving exactly, my specific drawing tools being used, my layout, is there a setting to make sure everything gets saved.

4. If i hit save as instead of saving, is it more likely to save everything. If so, i do a full analysis once a week, i'd be willing to start an archive on my hard drive if i knew it would help. I just cant keep going through 20 pairs to find a small amount of stuff is being saved.

I've asked for feature updates before, and haven't yet received a response, if they're not being considered; if they are being considered. I don't see this as an update but a flaw in your system that should be resolved. I assure your customers will be grateful.

Hello Julienxr,

Are you right-clicking the NinjaTrader icon on the Windows Task bar and selecting "Close All Windows"?
    This will cause a blank workspace.
    Below is a link to a post that details.

If not, please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com so that we may schedule a call during our normal support hours to assist. In the email, please include a link to this forum thread.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post alifarahani  
    Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes