Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator of other indicators crossing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator of other indicators crossing?

Hey all,
    Is there a way natively to create an indicator for when other unrelated indicators cross? (Based on price I guess since the unrelated indicators actual values would be different) I have for instance a Lin Reg indicator crossing a MA or Donchian and want to have a subchart panel indicator that goes up or down based on the crossing of other indicators in the main chart panel.
    If not, does anyone know who sells such an indicator? My searches for crossover indicators have been fruitless.
    Thanks!!

Hello Mongo,

This thread is in the NinjaTrader Desktop > Indicator Development​ section of the forums and not the NinjaScript File Sharing > NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion​ section of the forums.
    To confirm this is an indicator you are developing and wanting assistance with the code, is this correct?

An indicator can call other indicators to get their values and see if these have crossed.

For example

if (CrossAbove(LinReg(14), SMA(LinReg(14), 7), 1)
    {
    // LinReg 14 has crossed above the SMA 7 using LinReg 14 as input series
    }

Some indicator have values that are very different from each other. You should print the values on the current and previous bars to ensure these are crossing.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I don't know if I'm "developing" an indicator, I've never done any of that, I would have to learn how. I didn't see a current indicator I could select that would use the price value of other indicators to plot on a chart. I'm not concerned with the actual values of the indicators, just when they are crossing which would be at the same price. I searched in the ecosystem and found strategy builders and trade entry type posts but no "indicator of an indicator". So yes, I guess, I want to make an indicator from when two other indicators cross.
      Thanks for the quick reply BTW. I want to duplicate/create the indicator like in the picture.
      Last edited by Mongo; 04-23-2024, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Hello Mongo,

You could develop an indicator that calls other indicators and checks to see if they are crossing.

The indicator calls would have to be coded into the script as suggested in post # 2.

Below I am providing a link to a support article with helpful resources on getting started with C# and NinjaScript.

Comment

Thanks, I don't have the time for that. I'll have to find someone that can do that for me. I assume in the Ecosystem? Do you have a list or recommendation?

Comment

Hello Mongo,

You can search our extensive library of NinjaScript consultants through the link below. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more!
            Programming Services - https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/sea...mming-services
            Educators - https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/sea...ures=education

You can locate the contact information for the consultants on their direct websites for any additional questions you may have. Since these consultants are third party services for NinjaTrader all pricing and support information will need to be obtained through the consultant.

This NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or if I can provide any further assistance.​

Comment

Thanks ChelseaB

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by tonynt, 05-21-2019, 06:27 AM
              10 responses
              1 like
              Last Post fiendtrades  
              Started by awwenzovs, Today, 08:03 AM