Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Changing the Custom ATM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing the Custom ATM

Is there a way to programmatically change the Custom ATM parameters from a button or indicator? I'd like my indicator to change the stop to 2xATR for trades I'm handling manually, but don't see how this can be done without developing a strategy that automates the trades (which I don't want to do).

TIA

Hello IanS00,

Thanks for your notes.

There would not be supported or documented NinjaScript methods or properties for modifying an ATM Strategy template from an indicator or button.

As you noted, this would require developing a custom NinjaScript strategy that submits and handles trades.

Atm Strategy Methods would be used in a NinjaScript strategy to submit stop/targets using an ATM Strategy template. The AtmStrategyChangeStopTarget() method would be used to modify the stop or target order to a different price.

You could view the SampleAtmStrategy reference sample that comes with NinjaTrader which demonstrates this. To view the code, open a New > NinjaScript Editor window, open the Strategies folder, and double-click on the SampleAtmStrategy file.

See the help guide documentation for more information about Atm Strategy Methods and using Atm Strategies in NinjaScript.

Atm Strategy Methods: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...gy_methods.htm
    Using Atm Strategies in NinjaScript: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...strategies.htm

This thread will be open for other community members to share their insights on possible unsupported/undocumented code you could try.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_BrandonH; 03-26-2024, 09:41 AM.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Bidder
    by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
    4 responses