Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Fill irregularly shaped area with SharpDX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fill irregularly shaped area with SharpDX

Hi Brandon

As a further development I am looking at filling an irregularly shaped area between two lines, e.g. two moving averages. I've been looking at how this could be done by further use of SharpDX and seen information regarding geometry sinks, figures, etc.

Is there a code example anywhere that I could look at to get a better understanding of how to go about this?

Thanks

PS Let me know if I need to start another thread for this

Hello wadginator,

Thanks for your notes.

Since this question is not related to the previous forum thread linked below about modifying the HeikenAshi8 indicator, I have moved this forum post to a new thread.

Hi I've been tweaking the HeikenAshi 8 indicator by PaulH in an attempt to learn more about SharpDX, RenderTargets, etc. I'm trying to color individual candle bodies on UP candles based on a certain condition and DOWN candles for the reverese condition, but it colors all of the UP candles (or the DOWN ones) on the chart when

For an example of shading a region using SharpDX, you could view the Ichimoku Cloud indicator from the User App Share page linked below.

Ichimoku Cloud: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...indicator-nt8/

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Brandon.

During my digging I had come across the example you mentioned but decided to keep looking as, at that stage, I couldn't figure out which part of code I needed to be focussing on.

After your suggestion I worked through it again to fully understand what was going on and was able to create the code I needed.

I then kept refining things further, adding more functionality as I went and forgot that I hadn't responded to you...

Anyway, thanks again for the help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Bidder
      by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
      4 responses