Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

collaboration request: indicator to publish posts to a blog.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

collaboration request: indicator to publish posts to a blog.

regards to everyone,

some months ago i had a system to publish nt alerts to tw4tter. this worked well for some days and then tw4tter stopped publishing the updates and eventually blocked the account. i have also had problems with microcrapsoft blocking an email account that i tried to use to record nt alerts. tw4tter and microcrapsoft can go to hll same as all other stupidity operations.

i'm now thinking of publishing nt alerts to a blog on wordpress. ¿does anyone know of any free tools or scripts to accomplish this purpose? i understand that it is possible to publish blog posts from email messages so that should be very useful for starters, but i will appreciate any suggestions or advice anyone could have to get a system of this type up and running.

Hello rtwave,

You can take a look at the code for the twitter or StockTwits share services that come with the platform to get an idea of how to accomplish this type of task. You could do a similar task in a custom share service to connect with an external API. If the blog that you want to post to has some kind of API that would be the best way to approach doing that. If you created a share service any of the standard tools that can alert could use that in addition to scripts by using the Share method.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NinjaTrader_Jesse, people with nt,

after reading the last reply i inspected the share services section in my nt platofrm and neither tw4tter nor stocktwits are listed as available, only email and text. ¿why would this be? ¿is there a way to restore these tools?

and seemingly wordpress does make one or more apis available but i would prefer a ready made tool, i don't think it would be worth the time and effort to get a whole new functionality to work on and with nt.

Comment

Hello rtwave,

Those are no longer configurinable in the user interface but you should still be able to see their code by using the NinjaScript editor and looking in the share services folder. If any users know of already made tools I am sure they will post those ideas here as well.

Comment

people with nt,

the internet is a place with some fantastic sections.

there are available apis for wordpress and i have also found this tool below:

i understand that the tool i linked above will integrate the wordpress api with programs running on c#. the question is, ¿is it necessary to create an entire share method on nt like the ones the platform already includes? ¿or is it possible to just add possibly functions and methods to an indicator and call them as needed?

also, stocktwits could work for the purposes i have in mind. ¿is nt still compatible with stocktwits to publish some alerts or has that method been completely disabled?

Comment

Hello rtwave,

You don't need to make a share service however that would provide the easiest way for your scripts to use that code. If you only have a single script that needs to use that api then you could also just code what you need into that script. The reason a share service would be preferred for this type of use case is because a share service can be used in any script or with alerts by calling the Share method with that service name. You can also create an indicator that has custom methods but that would only be able to be used by strategies or indicators

Regarding stocktwits, that has been disabled while development re evaluates if that will continue to be supported, for now it is hidden from the user interface and cannot be used. At this time there has been no decision if that would be re included in the future.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by LiamTwine, Today, 08:10 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post LiamTwine  
            Started by Balage0922, Today, 07:38 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes