Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Current list of open bid and ask data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current list of open bid and ask data

How to get all open bid and open ask data such as prices and the number of corresponding open contracts. What I mean is that currently there will be several bids and asks which are waiting to be fulfilled. How can I get the complete list of such open bids and asks prices and number of contracts. I want to create a suitable indicator.
    Last edited by amrik; 02-12-2024, 07:19 AM.

Hello amrik​,

Thank you for your message.

For that, you would need to have Level 2 (Full Market Depth) data enabled on your account connection.

The difference between Top of Book (Level 1) and Full Market Depth data (Level 2) is that Top of Book data provides only the latest bid and ask prices, while Market Depth refers to the amounts of money waiting to be matched at all prices in the market.

Full market depth data allows you to get an expanded view of the entire market, not just the three "front-end" prices.

Reasons why you may need Level 2 data:

- You want to see more levels of Bids and Orders in the SuperDOM.

- You want to make full use of the platform's Order Flow+ tools, specifically the Market Depth Map

- You have certain indicators that require full market depth data to plot.

In the end, only you will know whether you need Level 2 data or not, but you may choose to change or upgrade your data subscription for your NinjaTrader Brokerage account (from the NinjaTrader Client Portal ) if you decide in the future that a different subscription would benefit you.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.​
    Erick P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Erick,

Thanks for your response. I will work with Level 2 data. Do you have any sample scripts or code snippets that I can use to build my indicator or any relevant pages in your online guide. I spent the day looking for something related to this. All I could find was related to current Bid/Ask.

Thank You
      Amrik

Comment

Hello Amrik,

Yes, a reference sample exists that can be downloaded from the help guide linked below.

I'm also including a link to the help guide on the OnMarketDepth() override method.

As a heads up, OnMarketDepth() does not run in historical data and is not recorded with TickReplay.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Jonafare, 12-06-2012, 03:48 PM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post rene69851  
        Started by Fitspressorest, Today, 01:38 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes