Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

CS0234 error - Type or NameSpace name 'Gui' does not exist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CS0234 error - Type or NameSpace name 'Gui' does not exist

Hi, I am writing an indicator but the code is not compiling because of the CS0234 error. I have read other treads about this error which suggest importing/referencing 3rd party DLLs. I am not sure which 3rd party DLL I need and where do I get it from? I have also verified that NinjaTrader.Vendor.dll is already referenced.

I also contemplate repairing the NT8 install, but for whatever reason, Windows 11 does not give me an option to Repair or Modify. It has only one choice - Uninstall, which I am not going to do since the rebuild with all the customization and Vendor connections will be painful.

.I am running NT8 version 8.1.1.7 64 bit.

Any guidance you can provide will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello Strategist,

Thank you for your post.

This error indicates that a system indicator is missing from the Documents/NinjaTrader 8/bin/Custom/Indicators folder, or a corrupt file is currently present.

Steps to Resolve
    1. Shut down NinjaTrader
    2. Navigate to your computer's Control Panel > Programs & Features (Note: search for 'Control Panel' to find it within the Windows Start Menu. This will be a different window than the Settings page)
    3. Click "NinjaTrader 8" in the list of installed programs to highlight it
    4. Right-click and select "Repair"
    5. Finally, restart NinjaTrader and recompile to confirm the errors have been resolved.
    More details on the repair function from Windows 11 may be found on the following publicly available page from Microsoft:

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Emily, thank you for your quick response. I repaired NT8 based on the instructions provided. When I restarted NT8, I get the following error message:

Unable to compile custom assembly. Original version has been restored. You need to recompile custom NinjaScript files. Please assist resolving this issue. Thank you.

Comment

Hello Strategist,

That would indicate that the platform cannot compile which may be due to the script you were originally having a problem with. Please try doing the following steps:
        1. With NinjaTrader closed open the folder Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom
        2. Delete the file NinjaTrader.Custom.dll
        3. Start NinjaTrader

If that does not help to resolve the error try the following:
        1. open the folder Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Indicators
        2. Locate the file you were editing and move it to your desktop
        3. Open the platform

If moving the file lets you open the platform you can make sure the platform compiles and then move it back into the indicators folder. After doing that use the NinjaScript editor to compile and see what errors appear.

In regard to the original error, there is no namespace that is just "Gui", if you used that namespace that is the reason for the error. NinjaTrader does have a namespace which is NinjaTrader.Gui

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Bidder
        by Bidder

Started by DJ888, Yesterday, 10:57 PM
        0 responses