Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

EMA Separation Indicator - NinjaTrader 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EMA Separation Indicator - NinjaTrader 8

Hi, I'm trying to implement this myself (although it's the first indicator I've ever tried to create manually, so go easy on me!) when I go to compile I get the following errors...

Line 1 - Class, delegate, struct expected
    17 & 19 errors - Type name expected

Could anyone help me here. Apologies for what is probably a very basic question!!

Originally posted by uksoundz View Post
    Hi, I'm trying to implement this myself (although it's the first indicator I've ever tried to create manually, so go easy on me!) when I go to compile I get the following errors...

Line 1 - Class, delegate, struct expected
    17 & 19 errors - Type name expected

Could anyone help me here. Apologies for what is probably a very basic question!!
    Hello uksoundz,

Thank you for your post.

Please clarify; are you creating this script in NinjaTrader 7 or NinjaTrader 8? The thread you replied to is from 2008 and is related to NinjaTrader 7. Please provide a screenshot of the errors you are getting as well as the lines of code mentioned in the errors so we may better understand and assist you.
    • To send a screenshot with Windows 10 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save it as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    ​I look forward to your reply.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

AH yes, there we are, I'm trying to implement into NT8, perhaps you could look at the code here and the errors and let me know what I'd need to do to make it work in NT8?
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by uksoundz View Post
        AH yes, there we are, I'm trying to implement into NT8, perhaps you could look at the code here and the errors and let me know what I'd need to do to make it work in NT8?
        Hello uksoundz,

Thanks for your reply.

I have moved our posts into a new thread in the NinjaTrader Desktop - Indicator Development topic of the forum rather than being in the NinjaTrader 7 section. Code from NinjaTrader 7 does not work directly in NinjaTrader 8 due to code breaking changes between the versions:

My colleague wrote a post with some tips for converting scripts from NinjaTrader 7 to NinjaTrader 8 here:

Unfortunately, in the support department at NinjaTrader it is against our policy to create, debug, or modify, code or logic for our clients. Further, we do not provide C# programming education services or one-on-one educational support in our NinjaScript Support department. This is so that we can maintain a high level of service for all of our clients as well as our associates.

That said, through email or on the forum we are happy to answer any questions you may have about NinjaScript if you decide to convert this indicator yourself. We are also happy to assist with finding resources in our help guide as well as simple examples, and we are happy to assist with guiding you through the debugging process to assist you with understanding unexpected behavior.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our NinjaTrader Ecosystem team to follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request or provide one-on-one educational services.

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.​
        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Bidder
        by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM