Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Send variables between indicators and strategies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Send variables between indicators and strategies

I am starting to program indicators/strategies and I have seen the need to interact between several indicators/strategies, for example, that one indicator/strategy can send a boolean variable to another indicator/strategy so that this second indicator/strategy acts according to the indicator/strategy of the first and so on between several indicators/strategies. This is possible?​

Hello BIOK.NT,

Make the variable public with a getter and setter, and call Update in the get.

Below is a link to a help guide reference sample. See the declaration for ExposedVariable.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you very much for your prompt response. I have downloaded the example code and seen how it uses the ExposedVariable declaration but it is not clear to me how I can interact between several indicators with one variable. In the example, the variable exposedVariable it updates with the close of the candle but later I do not see that this variable it uses that data in another indicator to continue performing other calculations. Could you give me other examples in which several indicators act on each other depending on the variables that are sent between them? Thanks a lot.

Comment

Hello BIOK.NT,

The other indicators and strategies would call the indicator which would return the value. The included strategy demonstrates.

If you are trying to share the same value, this is not directly supported, but is possible with unsupported static classes.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
        12 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Leafcutter  
        Started by poplagelu, Today, 05:00 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes