Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

SineWave that draws S/R on the chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SineWave that draws S/R on the chart

I used to have this sinewave indicator that drew in the S/R lines on the chart but in NT7. I'm not able to locate this for NT8 anywhere, does anyone have this type of sinewave indicator?

Also, how hard would it be for me to download NT7 to find my old workstation there?

Thank you.

Hello trdninstyle,

If you have the specific name of the item you can search on the ecosystem website to see if any user has converted it to NT8. If you still have your NT7 data you can locate the imported scripts in the folder Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom. NT7 items can't be imported into NT8 but you could use that as a reference to make a NT8 script that does the same task.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jesse, thank you for responding.

The only name I have is SineWave. I don't have NT7 in my document folders. What if I download NT7? Would I be able to see what I had in there by using my license key? The new NT8 system doesn't use license key anymore, I have that newer version which is great.

I do have my older laptop which still has NT7 on it. I'll need to dust it off. I could look in the Documents/ NT7/bin/Custon there.

Comment

Hello trdninstyle

I tried searching for that name on the ecosystem website but I dont see any results.

Your NinjaTrader data is stored on your PC so you would need to use the older laptop if that still has your data, no data is stored with your NinjaTrader account/license.

Comment

I wasn't able to remember my password for my old laptop. It would be much easier if I got in there to see and open it up to look at the code. So straight forward.

If I finally crack it and am able to screenshot the code, how difficult would it be to convert it to NT8? In my initial pic above, I had the name erased, because it places writings on the chart.

How about just starting with the EhlersHilbertOscillator? Which is what I have from ecosystemsNT.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-12-27 12_56_54-Chart - MES MAR24.png
Views:	123
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	1283878

Attached Files

Comment

Hello trdninstyle,

The difficultly converting the item would depend on what the original code was doing. Depending on what that code used and does would determine how hard it would be to re create.

You can start with an existing script if that does some of the same tasks as the script you were looking for from 7. To make a copy of a script you can right click in its code and choose save as, that will let you provide a new name so you can make changes to the new file instead of the original.

Comment

If I can get into that laptop, that original code draws S/R lines on the chart as the oscillator crosses. Or are you referring to code language that might not be used anymore? It's only from 2021.

This existing script that I just screenshot does not draw S/R lines on chart, only the oscillator. How painstaking is it to add that additional function in the code?

Comment

Hello trdninstyle,

The same language is used in 8, NinjaScript is C# language. There are many differences with how NinjaScript works in 8 so items from 7 can't be directly imported but need to be re created. You can find the differences listed in the code breaking changes guide here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ng_changes.htm

As I don't know how your original code worked I really couldn't answer how hard it would be to add to the script you pictured. You would have to come up with the logic to make it work similar to the original. You can draw lines based on conditions but you would need to know what conditions you had originally if you wanted to match the 7 script.

Comment

Thats fair enough. The logic would be on the cross down of the oscillator to draw a resistance line at the high of the bar that created the cross down. And the opposite for a cross up, to draw a support line at the low of the candle that created the cross up. Well, these are conditions, maybe not the logic?

It would be way easier just to go through and rename all the items from Add() - Plot to AddPlot() and various stuff like that.
                  Renamed Indicator Add() - Plot AddPlot()
                  I'm going to give it another go. I know I have that indicator on the NT7 on that computer.

Comment

Hello trdninstyle,

You can create crossover conditions using the CrossAbove and CrossBelow methods. If that is all that needs to be checked before plotting the lines then you could create conditions to do that and then plot the lines.

Some items can just be renamed and some cannot. Add in NT7 takes different parameters than the AddPlot in NT8 so that would be one item that cannot just be renamed, you would have to follow the link in the code breaking changes to the AddPlot page and then make your new code reflective of how that is shown.

Comment

In fact, I bet I can just use the wizard.

Comment

This SineWave indicator isn't showing up in the strategy builder. The SineWave indicator I got from ecosystems NT.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-12-27 15_08_11-2023_12_27_15_06_24_Chart_MES_MAR24.png.png
Views:	104
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	1283905Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-12-27 15_05_25-Strategy Builder.png
Views:	83
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	1283906

Comment

Hello trdninstyle,

For an indicator to show up for use in the builder it has to have a plot. Does the script that you are using have a plot?

Comment

This sinewave indicator doesn't plot anything on the chart, it just sits in the lower pane. There are other indicators that do show up that don't plot anything on the chart.
                            This indicator & some others, are in an envelope and it's those envelopes that don't show up.

I can open them from my chart indicator list, just not from the builder.

I copied & paste the existing script to make a duplicate & renaming it. I was going to start that route. Then put in the Methods, with your guidance of course.

Comment

I found that sinewave indicator further down the list.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by poplagelu, Today, 05:00 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post poplagelu  
                              Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Bidder