Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Incorrect .NET framework level?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incorrect .NET framework level?

Hello.

I'm at Ninjatrader 8 Version 8.1.1.7 64-bit with Visual Studio Professional 2017 Version 15.9.58.

Under NT Editor, I tried to open an indicator under Visual Studio.

When VS opens it, it tells me that the C# project "NinjaTrader.Custom is targeting ".NETFramework, Version=v4.8", which is not installed on this machine.

It gives me the choice of changing the target to .NET Framework 4.6.1 or downloading and installing .NET Framework 4.8.

I've not seen this message before.

My OS is Windows Server 2012.

What happens depending on the choice I make?

Should I point NinjaTrader.Custom to .NET 4.6.1 or install .NET 4.8?

Or is there another issue here?

Attached Files

Hello SilverSurfer1,

Thanks for your notes.

NinjaTrader Desktop 8.1.1.7 uses the .NET Framework 4.8 so you should install this version on your machine to open scripts in Visual Studio.

See this Release Notes page for more information about the .NET Framework version NinjaTrader uses and a download link for .NET framework 4.8: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...8/8_0_23_2.htm

Further, the supported versions of Visual Studio to use with NinjaTrader are Visual Studio 2019 or 2022 as noted in the help guide linked below.

You should make sure to update Visual Studio to a supported version of Visual Studio 2019 or Visual Studio 2022.

See this help guide page about Debugging with Visual Studio: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._debugging.htm
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello, and thanks for the response.

I've installed .NET Framework 4.8 and upgraded Visual Studio to 2019.

Unfortunately, I'm still getting the message I attached earlier to this post.

VS does not recognize that .NET Framework 4.8 is installed, but the "about" screen shows 4.8.

I'm attaching the VS about the screen. You will see that .NET Framework 4.8.03761 is installed.

​​​​​​​
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello SilverSurfer1,

Thanks for your notes.

Please try uninstalling Visual Studio and then re-install Visual Studio 2019 or Visual Studio 2022.

Then restart NinjaTrader 8, ensure Visual Studio is closed, and try following the Visual Studio Debugging help guide page to open Visual Studio for debugging from the NinjaScript Editor window.

See this help guide page about Debugging with Visual Studio: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._debugging.htm

Does the behavior persist after following the steps above?
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello.

I've run the above steps. Unfortunately, I'm still getting VS can't see .NET Framework 4.8.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSurfer1 View Post
            Hello.

I've run the above steps. Unfortunately, I'm still getting VS can't see .NET Framework 4.8.
            Hello SilverSurfer1,

Thank you for your patience.

My name is Emily and I am responding on behalf of Brandon, who is not in the office at the moment. My understanding is you are using Windows Server 2012 and have upgraded to Visual Studio 2019. Please note that per our minimum system requirements, Windows Server 2012 is not supported for NinjaTrader. The minimum requirements call for Windows 10, Windows 11, Windows Server 2016 or later 64-bit as noted on the following pages:

You could certainly test after installing Visual Studio 2022 on your current setup, though ultimately you will likely need to upgrade your OS to at least Windows Server 2016 in order for NinjaTrader to function as expected. The errors you have been receiving seem to be related to Visual Studio directly and are not NinjaTrader-specific messages, so you could also reach out to Visual Studio support or use third-party resources related to Visual Studio and that particular message for further troubleshooting.

Thank you for your time and patience. Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
            Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Emily, thanks for the response.

I understand your post. I will upgrade Windows Server 2012 to a more recent version early next year.

After that, if the problem still exists, I will reopen this thread.

Regards,
              R. C.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Bidder
              by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM