Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator for MA of Highs and Lows of bars not On The Close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator for MA of Highs and Lows of bars not On The Close

Hello, I know nothing about C# and have been searching for this indicator everywhere that I can think of. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Starts
    11-19-2023
    Ends
    11-24-2023

Hello Rancher,

Thanks for your notes.

To clarify, are you looking for an existing NinjaScript indicator that has say the SMA indicator calculate from the High price or Low price?

You could consider adding the SMA indicator to a chart window and setting the SMA indicator's 'Input series' property to calculate based on the High or Low instead of the Close.

See this demonstration video: https://brandonh-ninjatrader.tinytak...OV8yMjQyMDY3MQ
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Brandon that solves half of my query. I need a line for the high AND the low. It seems that with this solution I can only use one or the other.

Comment

Hi Brandon, thank you for your reply. I was wondering if you think the Bollinger Bands could be modified to make the top line the high MA, remove the middle line, make the bottom line the low MA. Thank you!

Comment

Hello Rancher,

Thanks for your notes.

You would need to create your own custom indicator that uses Draw.Line() to draw lines on the chart at a specific value.

You asked this question on this forum thread. Please see the reply on this forum thread for more information. Also, ensure that you direct any futher questions on this topic to this forum thread.
          https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/...t-close-of-bar

In regard to the Bollinger Bands question, yes, you could create a custom NinjaScript indicator to accomplish this.

To create a copy of the script to modify, open a New > NinjaScript Editor window, open the Indicators folder, double-click on the Bollinger file, right-click in the Bollinger script's code, select 'Save as', name the copy, and click OK.

Once you create a copy of the script you could modify the code to suit your needs.
          Last edited by NinjaTrader_BrandonH; 11-19-2023, 06:08 PM.

Comment

So sorry I'm posting in the wrong place. Thank you for correcting. Gotta love these newbies, eh? Thank you for your reply. I have just one more question. I'm trying to import a 3rd party indicator and I get this message. Any thing you could help me with? Click image for larger version  Name:	Programming error.jpg Views:	0 Size:	18.5 KB ID:	1278740I don't recall any custom files.

Comment

Hello Rancher,

Thanks for your notes.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling any indicator.

For NinjaTrader 8:
              • Open NinjaTrader
              • From the Control Center select the New menu--> select NinjaScript Editor
              • Right-click in the window and select Compile to compile all NinjaScript objects
              • At the bottom of the NinjaScript Editor window, a new section will appear where you can find the error locations
              • You can exclude the file referenced in the editor by double-clicking on the appropriate object type on the right of the NinjaScript Editor window. This will expand the object type folder. You can then select the file with a left-click--> right click on the object--> then select Open to begin debugging the file, Exclude From Compilation, or Remove to delete the file.
              If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the NinjaScript File column and Error column fully visible (not to be confused with the Code column)
              • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Windows Snipping Tool.
              • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
              We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip in our Help Guide:
              Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.​

Comment

Hi Brandon, I'm having trouble uploading the screen shots. I get a "Timed Out" error. I downloaded a 3rd party MA indicator and I think it messed up a lot of things.

Comment

Hello Rancher,

Thanks for your notes.

Please write in to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com to share a screenshot of the compile error messages with us so we may provide further direction.

In the subject of your email include 'Attn: BrandonH' and in the body of your email include a URL link to this forum thread.

I look forward to assisting further.

Comment

Thanks for all your help, Brandon. I sent the email with screenshots attached.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                    5 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Bidder
                    by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes