Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Remove or Modify Input series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove or Modify Input series

I spent quite a bit of time searching existing solutions but did not find a solution to my specific scenario. I am hoping someone can help.

I have a custom indicator and I want to provide custom price types which are not included in the built-in "Data Series --> Input series" dialog window. My first solution was to create a new enumerated input to include those price types as options and added them to a group named "Custom Inputs". You can see this in the attached screenshot.

It works perfectly, but in the process I have completely disconnected the "Data Series --> Input series" from the indicator. Changing those values have zero effect. This can be confusing if someone forgets there is a custom input for selecting the price type.

Now I would like to know how I can completely remove the standard "Data Series --> Input series" section from the indicator properties window.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 2.07.58 PM.png
Views:	90
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	1278176

Or...

I would like to know how I can add my custom price types to the list that appears in the "Input Series" dialog as shown in the second attached screenshot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 2.08.13 PM.png
Views:	81
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	1278177

I know I'm probably not using all of the correct terminology so I am trying to stick with terms which are displayed on the user interface itself.

Hello 618Fib,

There is not a way to hide the default input properties. it sounds like you went the correct route of making a enum for the selection. You would just need to make sure you or whoever is using the indicator knows that the input series is only used for placement of the indicator. The input series is required so that the chart knows how to handle the indicators settings. An indicator can be overlayed on a chart or also in its own panel, the input serie is required so it can accurately place its graphics in the right panel. Aside from that the input series can be used or you can use other series, that is totally up to your logic.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jesse. I appreciate your very rapid response. Given what you have described, seems it would be best for me to include an "Off" option for my custom price type. When set to "Off", I can have the code switch to using the standard price series inputs. This would provide the greatest level of flexibility for the end user as well as providing some hints that the custom price type can be turned off in order to access the standard price types. Thanks again!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post Anfedport  
      Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post iceman2018