Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

MACrossBuilder Painting The Cloud Color Incorrectly At Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MACrossBuilder Painting The Cloud Color Incorrectly At Times

I believe I have encountered a bug in MACrossBuilder and want to convey this information to NinjaTrader_Paul.

Occasionally, MACrossBuilder will paint the cloud the wrong color as shown below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	82
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	1275549

Obviously, the cloud should be Red when the MA slope is declining.

I'm using 6-tick range bars for the data series.

Most of the time MACrossBuilder behaves as expected. In this instance, it doesn't.

I've also seen it paint the cloud Red in an uptrend.

Let me know if you need more information.

Hello crazybull,

The MACrossBuilder cloud color is not based on slope or trend. I can see that some of the names chosen by the original author may be causing confusion.

If the fast ma is above the slow ma the region is colored with the 'ColorRegionAbove' (Region color for fast above slow) and if the fast ma is below the slow ma the region is colored with the 'ColorRegionBelow' (Region color for fast below slow)

The SMA plots colors are based on trend when Color0RF/Color1RF are true. When the FastMA is rising the plot is colored with the 'MA0RisingColor' (Fast MA Rising Color), and when falling is colored with the 'MA0FallingColor' (Fast MA Falling Color).
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chelsea,

Thanks for your response.

In the screenshot I submitted, the short MA is indicated by the dashed line and the long MA is indicated by the solid line. In the in screenshot you can can see that the short MA is below the long MA. I have the the color settings set to paint the cloud Red in this case, which the indicator does most of the time as can be seen in other areas of the screenshot. However, near the end of the screenshot submitted, the indicator paints the cloud Green even though the short MA is below the long MA. That's why I contend this is a bug.

NinjaTrader_Paul (the developer) needs to be made aware of this, but since I'm new to this forum, I didn't know any other way to contact him.

Crazybull

Comment

Hello Crazybull,

I see what you are reporting.

It may be that a cross above was detected but the price was equal to the previous bar for the cross below so this wasn't detected.

As we have time and resources available, I'll add to the script to also check for above/below.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
        6 responses
        1 like
        Last Post jgualdronc  
        Started by Touch-Ups, Today, 10:36 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes