Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Capture Hotkey input from Indicator Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capture Hotkey input from Indicator Settings

Hello,

I'm looking to capture user HotKey preferences for various commands.
    Can you please provide any guidance around that? Is it possible to access the indicator settings window from an indicator to capture the keypresses?

Thank you!

Hello neo302,

Thanks for your notes.

NinjaTrader does not offer any out-of-box NinjaScript code for detecting key presses, so this would have to be done with traditional C# and would be outside the scope of what we would be able to provide support for.

However, we do have a Chart Notes indicator that incorporates timers and uses Regex to detect key presses that couldmight provide some further direction for rolling your own key detection.

A1ChartNotes NT8 - https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use.../a1chartnotes/

This forum thread will be open for other community members to share their insights on unsupported code that could be used to accomplish this.​
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrandonH View Post
      Hello neo302,

Thanks for your notes.

NinjaTrader does not offer any out-of-box NinjaScript code for detecting key presses, so this would have to be done with traditional C# and would be outside the scope of what we would be able to provide support for.

However, we do have a Chart Notes indicator that incorporates timers and uses Regex to detect key presses that couldmight provide some further direction for rolling your own key detection.

A1ChartNotes NT8 - https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use.../a1chartnotes/

This forum thread will be open for other community members to share their insights on unsupported code that could be used to accomplish this.​

Thank you Brandon.

Can you tell me if it is possible, and if so how, to access the main indicator settings window (where you add, remove, configure indicators) from indicator code?

Thank you

Comment

Hello neo302,

Thanks for your notes.

I am not certain I understand what exactly you are wanting to accomplish.

Are you wanting to add or remove some user-defined inputs in the Properties section of a custom indicator?

Please elaborate on exactly what you want to accomplish so I may accurately assist.

I look forward to assisting further.

Comment

Hello neo302,

Thanks for your notes.

I am not certain I understand what exactly you are wanting to accomplish.

Are you wanting to add or remove some user-defined inputs in the Properties section of a custom indicator?

Please elaborate on exactly what you want to accomplish so I may accurately assist.

I look forward to assisting further.
          Hello Brandon,

I'm trying to determine what and when a user types in a control such as a text box so I can capture the hotkey(s) on the indicator settings page. I'm aware of how to capture keypresses from the ChartPanel. I'm not aware of how to access the "Indicators" window / panel when coding an indicator so that is what I'm looking to do.

Click image for larger version  Name:	indicator.png Views:	0 Size:	80.3 KB ID:	1274222

Thank you
          Last edited by neo302; 10-22-2023, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Hello neo302,

Thanks for the clarification.

I am not aware of any way to do this using NinjaScript. Any C# or capturing hotkeys goes outside of the scope of support we are able to provide in the Support Department at NinjaTrader. Typically, if it is not in the help guide, the support team will generally not be able to assist any further in it.

There is an existing feature request to add a hotkey menu as a property/WPF control and I added a vote to it for you. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-3900.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted on the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

This thread will remain open for other community members to contribute their insights on the topic.

Comment

Hello neo302,

Thanks for the clarification.

I am not aware of any way to do this using NinjaScript. Any C# or capturing hotkeys goes outside of the scope of support we are able to provide in the Support Department at NinjaTrader. Typically, if it is not in the help guide, the support team will generally not be able to assist any further in it.

There is an existing feature request to add a hotkey menu as a property/WPF control and I added a vote to it for you. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-3900.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted on the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

This thread will remain open for other community members to contribute their insights on the topic.
              OK. Thanks for the help Brandon.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by RDTrader16, Today, 10:19 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post RDTrader16  
              Started by gemify, 03-08-2023, 08:02 AM
              9 responses
              0 likes