Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

working with orderflow volumeprofile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

working with orderflow volumeprofile

Hello,

I want to ask please if I can work with poc from orderflow volumeprofile somehow directly or with a workaround eg like "if poc > price y then play alert".

Thank you!
    Tony

Hello Tony,

Thank you for your post.

POC from Order Flow Volume Profile has not been exposed for NinjaTrader access. I will gladly add your vote to an existing feature request for this item with tracking ID SFT-3402.

With that said, there is a sort of workaround you could consider trying. This involves getting POC from the Order Flow Volumetric bars by using GetMaximumVolume():

This has been discussed in the following thread:

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. When I try to add dvalue area in conditions I get the error-message shown in the screenshot. Could you please post me a snippet how eg simply would look "if evolving/Realtime POC > Closes[0] then backbrush.green"

Accessing volumetric works but I have a problem: when using daily I need to run it on cobcfalse which is too much for cpu as I see in uty-monitor.
      When I use eg 240 minute bars it plots late, when I use eg 30 minute bars it is to "fast" poc and not from day.
      My idea would therefore be to use 30 minute GetMaximumVolume and add up from current bar so that one can run it cobc=true.

What would I need to add in my code please to add it up to have poc with cobctrue?​

Thank you!
      Tony
      Attached Files
      Last edited by tonynt; 10-12-2023, 01:11 PM. Reason: add volumetric idea

Comment

Hello tonynt,

Thank you for your reply.

I wouldn't suspect this error with the latest version of the Dvaluearea script that was updated as of August 10th, 2021. There is a note on the download page that mentions an update due to "An improperly implemented timespan was causing xml errors in the Strategy Builder"

Please try importing the script again, and if you are prompted to replace existing files say Yes:
        This is a conversion of the DValueArea. Please contact the original author for any questions or comments. Update Aug 10th, 2021: An improperly implemented timespan was causing xml errors in the Strategy Builder

You should then be able to use this script in the Strategy Builder. I imported the indicator as a test and I was able to create the following condition that checks if rtPOC is greater than the Close of the current bar, and if so the backbrush is set to green:
        "Accessing volumetric works but I have a problem: when using daily I need to run it on cobcfalse which is too much for cpu as I see in uty-monitor.
        When I use eg 240 minute bars it plots late, when I use eg 30 minute bars it is to "fast" poc and not from day.
        My idea would therefore be to use 30 minute GetMaximumVolume and add up from current bar so that one can run it cobc=true.​"

Please clarify what you are referring to as cobcfalse and cobc=true. Are you referring to calculating on bar close or something else? Do you need to have the volumetric bars plotted visually, or would it work for you to call AddVolumetric() and work with the added series for calculations without using the extra resources for it to be rendered as well?

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Comment

Hello Emily,

thank you for your reply! Yes with this download of dValue indicator I can add it without error message. But what I do not understand is why the plotting does not work, the code is simply as shown in the screenshot (backbrush is green also when rtpoc > close and it should be rose). What might there be wrong please?

Referring the volumetric from your suggestion in the first reply I understood to use a volumetric daily as there I will get the currentPOC and as I was thinking on indicator I might have been wrong as with dataseries there is no cobcclose (my language is not english, sorry for causing misunderstanding maybe again).

But referring what you mention with having plotted the volumetric let me please ask an additional question: does this mean when I would use an indicator with added volumetric dataseries and attach the indicator to a "normal" minute-chart this is less cpu-intensive than plotting the volumetric as dataseries in chart?

Thank you for your support!
          Tony

​​
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello tonynt,

Thank you for your reply.

What is the value of the rtPOC plot? It's possible that the values are resulting in only the condition for the backbrush to be pale green are met. Do you get the same results when using the POC plot instead?

What do you mean when you are saying cobcclose? I am still unsure of what you are asking here and will need additional clarification. If a screenshot is more helpful to demonstrate what you are referring to, that would be helpful as well.
            • To send a screenshot with Windows 10 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
            • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save it as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
            Adding a volumetric data series and adding that indicator to a chart, such as 1-minute, could potentially be less CPU intensive than plotting a volumetric series on a chart. Ultimately, you would need to monitor your PC resources (such as via the Task Manager) to see if there is a noticeable difference between both options.

I appreciate your patience and look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hello Emily,

I added the plotting directly to the chart and POC shows a value but RtPOC is "0" all the time (also in RTH). What might be the reason that RtPOC is 0?

Referring the volumetric there was a misunderstanding from my side as there is no cobc-true-false with dataseries - I was mixing it up with indicator, maybe from wrong understanding when translating. Volumetric is clear now.

Thank you for your support!
              Tony
              Attached Files
              Last edited by tonynt; 10-13-2023, 01:38 AM. Reason: translation error

Comment

Hello Emily,

this morning it is plotting ok, seems there was a problem with timezones and replay....

Thank you again for your support!

Tony

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by geddyisodin, 04-25-2024, 05:20 AM
                8 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
                4 responses