Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator properties converter in strategy builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator properties converter in strategy builder

Hello,

I have a custom IndicatorConverter implementing "IndicatorBaseConverter" in my indicator to hide/show some input param fields.
    It's working properly in NT's indicator settings window, but it looks like NT's strategy builder doesn't care about it. Is there a way to hide/show some indicator input param in the strategy builder too?

Another question I have about the strategy builder:
    I have an input param declared as DateTime. It shows a date & time picker in the regular indicator settings window, but in the strategy builder, I can fill in a time only, I can't specify the day. Does someone know how to fix this?

Thank you!

Hello damientr,

Thanks for your post.

Indicators that contain plots added to the script with the AddPlot() method can be accessed in the Strategy Builder. The plot of the indicator could be used for conditions or actions in the Strategy Builder.

Could you please provide a simple test indicator and the steps to reproduce the behavior so I may investigate the reported behavior further?

And, please send a screenshot demonstrating the behavior in question so I see what you are seeing.
    • To send a screenshot with Windows 10 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save it as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

To create a Date comparison in the Strategy Builder, on the left side in the Condition Builder you would select Time folder > Date series. In the center, you could set the dropdown menu to 'Equals' or 'Not equal', etc. On the right side of the Condition Builder, you would select Time folder > 'Date value' and select the date that you would like to use for your condition.

To create a Time comparison in the Strategy Builder, on the left side in the Condition Builder you would select Time folder > Time series. In the center, you could set the dropdown menu to 'Equals' or 'Not equal', etc.On the right side of the Condition Builder, you would select Time folder > 'Time value' and select the time you would like to use for your condition.

Note that Date and Time cannot be compared in the same condition in the Strategy Builder. This would require unlocking the code from the Strategy Builder by clicking the Unlock Code button and manually programming your strategy in the NinjaScript Editor window.

See this help guide page about Strategy Builder Conditions: https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/NT%20HelpGuide%20English.html?strategybuilder_cond ition_builder.htm
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Brandon,

Thanks for your answer.

Please find attached a minimal indicator code to reproduce the issue I have, and 2 screenshots showing the difference between what I get in the regular indicator settings window and the strategy builder's indicator window.
      How could I hide the ATR Period input parameter in the strategy builder window ?

Regarding the Date and time, I understand that I can't compare a date and time in the same condition. Is there a State or method or something I could implement to split my datetime input object to two objects (a date and a time) when I am in the strategy builder context?
      PS : Yes, by unlocking the code it would be easier but I would like to allow my customers to specify a date + a time in the UI without unlocking the code.

Thank you!

Damien
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello damientr,

Thanks for your notes.

Currently, it would not be possible to show/hide an indicator's input properties based on a certain input when the indicator is used in the Strategy Builder. It is only possible to show/hide an indicator's properties in the Indicators window when adding the indicator to a chart.

Our Development team is tracking interest for this option in an internal feature request ticket and I have added your vote. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-6073.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted on the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

No, there is not an option available in the Strategy Builder to split a DateTime input into a date and a time. Comparing the DateTime (date and time) input would need to be done in an unlocked strategy script.

Comment

Please add my vote for this feature. As well make it possible to use indicators with lots of parameters in the strategy builder as there seems to be some number at which the indicator will not even show in the list of available indicators.
          daqu40
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QTradez

Comment

Hello daqu40,

Thanks for your notes.

I have added your vote and notes to this feature request.

When the feature request is implemented into the platform you will find a note on the Release Notes section of the help guide.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
            6 responses
            1 like
            Last Post jgualdronc  
            Started by Touch-Ups, Today, 10:36 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes