Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Compiled Assembly Importing Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
    Hello Vikuno1,

The files you attached were not included likely because of the dlls. Add just the .cs files for the files in question and then add the steps you are using to export them including the steps of exporting dlls and re referencing scripts so we can try that.
    Just realized I forgot to attach, apologies!

But I am attaching just the CS Files below
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Vikuno1; 09-04-2023, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Hello Vikuno1,

Thanks for your notes.

I have tested exporting the TestEnums, TestIndicator, and TestAnalyzerColumn scripts and I was able to export all three DLLs successfully and reimport them into the platform successfully.

First, export the TestEnums file as a DLL. Then, exclude the TestEnums script, TestIndicator script, and TestAnalyzerColumn script from compilation.

Import the TestEnums DLL file. Uncheck the 'Exclude from compilation' option for the TestIndicator and TestAnalyzerColumn scripts so that they are included in compilation.

Export the TestIndicator script as a DLL with a reference to the TestEnums DLL. Exclude the TestAnalyzerColumn file and the TestIndicator file from compilation. Import the TestIndicator DLL file.

Then, uncheck the 'Exclude from compilation' option for the TestAnalyzerColumn file so it is included in compilation. Export the TestAnalyzerColumn script as a DLL with a reference to the TestEnums DLL and a reference to the TestIndicator DLL.

Exclude the TestAnalyzerColumn script from compilation and import the TestAnalyzerColumn DLL.

See this demonstration video: https://brandonh-ninjatrader.tinytak...M18yMjAyNDI5Mw
      Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrandonH View Post
        Hello Vikuno1,

Thanks for your notes.

I have tested exporting the TestEnums, TestIndicator, and TestAnalyzerColumn scripts and I was able to export all three DLLs successfully and reimport them into the platform successfully.

First, export the TestEnums file as a DLL. Then, exclude the TestEnums script, TestIndicator script, and TestAnalyzerColumn script from compilation.

Import the TestEnums DLL file. Uncheck the 'Exclude from compilation' option for the TestIndicator and TestAnalyzerColumn scripts so that they are included in compilation.

Export the TestIndicator script as a DLL with a reference to the TestEnums DLL. Exclude the TestAnalyzerColumn file and the TestIndicator file from compilation. Import the TestIndicator DLL file.

Then, uncheck the 'Exclude from compilation' option for the TestAnalyzerColumn file so it is included in compilation. Export the TestAnalyzerColumn script as a DLL with a reference to the TestEnums DLL and a reference to the TestIndicator DLL.

Exclude the TestAnalyzerColumn script from compilation and import the TestAnalyzerColumn DLL.

See this demonstration video: https://brandonh-ninjatrader.tinytak...M18yMjAyNDI5Mw
        So I did the process on the video and still got this message (Attaching Below, attaching pic of DLLs in the assembly list too)

The only things that seem different are the version of Ninja (I am 8.0.28, Looks like you may be 8.1) and your enum reference was listed as an AddOn not an indicator. Also my indicator and enum are both in a folder in the indicator folder.

Let me know if I am doing something wrong, or I can send a video of the process I am doing.

Sorry this is taking so long, appreciate the help!
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello Vikuno1,

Thanks for your notes.

I have tested this on a new installation of NinjaTrader 8.0.28.0. I added the TestEnums file and TestIndicator file you had shared into a subfolder in the Indicators folder as you noted. The TestAnalyzerColumn file you shared is in the MarketAnalyzerColumn folder in the Editor.

The scripts exported and imported successfully without error.

First, export the TestEnums file as a DLL. After exporting the TestEnums file as a DLL, exclude the TestEnums, TestIndicator, and TestAnalyzerColumn files from compilation.

Import the TestEnumsDLL file onto the platform. Uncheck the 'Exclude from compilation' option for the TestIndicator file and TestAnalyzerColumn file so they are included in compilation.

Next, export the TestIndicator indicator file as a DLL and make sure the add a reference to the TestEnumsDLL in your export. Exclude the TestIndicator file and TestAnalyzerColumn file from compilation.

Import the TestIndicatorDLL file onto the platform. Uncheck the 'Exclude from compilation' option for the TestAnalyzerColumn file so it is included in compilation.

Export the TestAnalyzerColumn file as a DLL and make sure to add a reference to the TestEnumsDLL and TestIndicatorDLL in your export. Exclude the TestAnalyzerColumn file from compilation.

Import the TestAnalyzerColumnDLL onto the platform.

See this demonstration video: https://brandonh-ninjatrader.tinytak...NF8yMjAyNTU1NQ

If you are still seeing errors occur after following the exact same steps seen in the demonstration video linked above, please send a demonstration video showing the exact steps you are taking.

Comment

Hello Vikuno1,

Thanks for your notes.

I have tested this on a new installation of NinjaTrader 8.0.28.0. I added the TestEnums file and TestIndicator file you had shared into a subfolder in the Indicators folder as you noted. The TestAnalyzerColumn file you shared is in the MarketAnalyzerColumn folder in the Editor.

The scripts exported and imported successfully without error.

First, export the TestEnums file as a DLL. After exporting the TestEnums file as a DLL, exclude the TestEnums, TestIndicator, and TestAnalyzerColumn files from compilation.

Import the TestEnumsDLL file onto the platform. Uncheck the 'Exclude from compilation' option for the TestIndicator file and TestAnalyzerColumn file so they are included in compilation.

Next, export the TestIndicator indicator file as a DLL and make sure the add a reference to the TestEnumsDLL in your export. Exclude the TestIndicator file and TestAnalyzerColumn file from compilation.

Import the TestIndicatorDLL file onto the platform. Uncheck the 'Exclude from compilation' option for the TestAnalyzerColumn file so it is included in compilation.

Export the TestAnalyzerColumn file as a DLL and make sure to add a reference to the TestEnumsDLL and TestIndicatorDLL in your export. Exclude the TestAnalyzerColumn file from compilation.

Import the TestAnalyzerColumnDLL onto the platform.

See this demonstration video: https://brandonh-ninjatrader.tinytak...NF8yMjAyNTU1NQ

If you are still seeing errors occur after following the exact same steps seen in the demonstration video linked above, please send a demonstration video showing the exact steps you are taking.
            Ok here is a video, hopefully I am doing something stupid. This is NinjaTrader 8.0.28

https://www.loom.com/share/f189ffb76652449f886ce958751fc300?sid=cde476d3-1e48-460f-b6cf-a1e2668a5ed6 zz0.yv8vw8vjpdrzz​

Comment

Hello Vikuno1,

Thanks for your notes.

To ensure that you are using the same exact scripts as I am and that no third-party add-ons are affecting the test, please create a clean environment by following the steps below.

Then, follow the exact same steps in order that are seen in the demonstration video I shared in post # 19 using the scripts attached to this post.

Creating a clean environment can be done by following the steps below:
              1. Close NinjaTrader 8, and rename the "NinjaTrader 8" folder in My Documents to something like: "NinjaTrader 8 OLD"
              2. Uninstall NinjaTrader from the Windows Control Panel and reinstall using the installer from account.ninjatrader.com
              3. Add the required scripts and test the same exact steps seen in the demonstration video on post # 19.

If you ever need to switch back to your original platform, you may do so by closing NinjaTrader and swapping the platform folder names.

For example, Close NinjaTrader and rename the new "NinjaTrader 8" folder to "NinjaTrader 8 NEW" and the "NinjaTrader 8 OLD" folder to "NinjaTrader 8." Then restart the platform. Simply put: NinjaTrader 8 will always load the "NinjaTrader 8" folder in My Documents.​
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello Vikuno1,

Thanks for your notes.

To ensure that you are using the same exact scripts as I am and that no third-party add-ons are affecting the test, please create a clean environment by following the steps below.

Then, follow the exact same steps in order that are seen in the demonstration video I shared in post # 19 using the scripts attached to this post.

Creating a clean environment can be done by following the steps below:
                1. Close NinjaTrader 8, and rename the "NinjaTrader 8" folder in My Documents to something like: "NinjaTrader 8 OLD"
                2. Uninstall NinjaTrader from the Windows Control Panel and reinstall using the installer from account.ninjatrader.com
                3. Add the required scripts and test the same exact steps seen in the demonstration video on post # 19.

If you ever need to switch back to your original platform, you may do so by closing NinjaTrader and swapping the platform folder names.

For example, Close NinjaTrader and rename the new "NinjaTrader 8" folder to "NinjaTrader 8 NEW" and the "NinjaTrader 8 OLD" folder to "NinjaTrader 8." Then restart the platform. Simply put: NinjaTrader 8 will always load the "NinjaTrader 8" folder in My Documents.​
                The Clean Ninja Worked. Any Way I can find out which third party add on could of done it? Thank you for your help!

Comment

Hello Vikuno1,

Thanks for your notes.

To determine which third-party addon is causing the error message to occur, you would need to add each third-party addon to the clean environment one by one and test after importing each addon to see if the behavior occurs after adding a third-party addon.

Once you add a third-party addon to the platform, test for the behavior, and see the behavior occur, it is likely that the last third-party addon added to the platform is causing the behavior to occur.

Comment

Hello Vikuno1,

Thanks for your notes.

To determine which third-party addon is causing the error message to occur, you would need to add each third-party addon to the clean environment one by one and test after importing each addon to see if the behavior occurs after adding a third-party addon.

Once you add a third-party addon to the platform, test for the behavior, and see the behavior occur, it is likely that the last third-party addon added to the platform is causing the behavior to occur.
                    Alright very tedious but makes sense. I can hopefully take it from here. Thank you so much for your help and hopefully you won't here from me for some time haha! Thank you NinjaTrader_BrandonH and NinjaTrader_Jesse hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!​

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                    5 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Bidder
                    by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes