Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Did something happen to the chart rendering calculation between 8.0.26.1 and 8.1.1.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alex Al23 View Post
    Hello Emily,
    until previous versions everything worked perfectly; since NT did the last update things have started not worked properly just exactly like WHICKED wrote. By the way, the developer didn't changed or modified anything so the problem is from NT side.

Best regards

Alex
    Hello Alex,

Thank you for your reply.

If you are able to reproduce this on a script that comes with NinjaTrader by default, I would be glad to research the steps to reproduce the behavior and identify the cause. Since this is happening with a 3rd party script, you will have to reach out to the developer and they may need to debug their script to identify which part of the code is causing the unexpected behavior. I understand that this may have been working prior to the last update, though there is likely something happening programmatically within the script that could be causing this behavior. This needs to be addressed through the developer directly.

Thank you for your patience.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I develop just for myself, and have the same problem on a NQ 2 Range or Renko chart, loaded just one day back.

(does not happen on ES/CL/UB/HG 2 Range or Renko, just NQ)

I have several indicators that draw various objects on the chart, arrows, dots, horizontal lines, vertical lines....some persistent and others only one at a time (i.e. same label)

I don't do any custom Rendering, just use Ninja Standard Draw methods

The problem seems worse when I have an active position. The chart can jump around and is not stable.

This only happens on the 2 Range or Renko charts. If I have a 10+ Range, with many more drawn objects, it does not do this. (but I don't trade on that chart). It doesn't do it on any other chart except the 2 Range/Renko NQ. Only the NQ.

I've stopped using Ninja's ATM as it is not good for scalping NQ in fast markets.

Wrote my own using virtual stops/break even/trail.

This is new so at least that should help a little.

It seems the problem may be related to the speed of the price action, perhaps something underlying having to do with messy sub bar price movements that Ninja has a hard time keeping up with.

and then perhaps the number of drawn objects

It seems to me that NT8 with WPF is much less stable on the graphics than NT7, and slower (in the graphics). Probably heavier on the graphics processor.

It could also be related to the type of draw object. And perhaps how far off the current chart panel it is.

If Ninja would look at these parameters, then probably they can find it.

Comment

Originally posted by llanqui View Post
        It seems to me that NT8 with WPF is much less stable on the graphics than NT7, and slower (in the graphics). Probably heavier on the graphics processor.
        Regarding this statement specifically, NT7 relied solely on the CPU and rendered in software while NT8 offloads rendering tasks to the GPU via DirectX. Ergo, if you have a slow or no graphics card such as an inbuilt Intel graphics chip in a laptop, NT8 doesn't have anything to offload the tasks to and most of it falls back on the CPU, while if you have a great graphics card with high speed 2D performance, almost all of it gets offloaded to the GPU. So, you'll see much more difference in performance between NT7 and NT8 (with NT8 being tremendously faster) if you have a good graphics card.
        Bruce DeVault
        QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

ok, thanks, yes good suggestion....before I was on a gaming laptop and didn't have this problem....now I have a Dell business desktop...it has a gpu but probably not a very good one

Comment

8.0.28 can confirm blinking.

Comment

When I monitor the GPU with Task Manager, it never gets anywhere near a max out...so maybe it is not a GPU overload (in my case with a business class computer)

still happens occasionally on a 2 range NQ chart

seems to happen primarily during trades (orders, executions)

with the Ninja ATM it is worse

Comment

I also use one NQ range chart, and for me, it occurs right at RTH open. I don't have a very powerful PC (Intel graphics), so I don't think this issue is related to the GPU. Before 8.0.28 I have been using 8.0.26.1 since its release and haven't experienced any problems whatsoever.

Comment

Pretty rare bug. I see it maybe once a month.

Comment

it is possible it is related to the number of draw objects on the chart, the type and where they are on the time/price ... possibly off visible chart panel draw objects still consume resources?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by DJ888, Yesterday, 10:57 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post DJ888
                    by DJ888

Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
                    7 responses
                    0 likes