Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

SuperDOM Volume ScaleJustification = LEFT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SuperDOM Volume ScaleJustification = LEFT

Attempted to simply add into the State == State.SetDefaults section:
    ScaleJustification = NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.ScaleJustification.Left;
    As line insert line 301 into a rename of NT8's SuperDonColumns: Volume column.

The error comes back as:
    "NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.ScaleJustification.Left " is a "type" but is used like a "variable"

Is this because it is a SuperDomColumn, and cannot accept this default?

Hello JMont1

The code you are using would be intended to be used for a Chart specifically. The superdom currently does not have the ability to change the location of columns, they are added to the right in the order the columns are in the columns list.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

My guess is your answer of "The code you are using would be intended to be used for a Chart specifically" is probably my answer.
      But to be clear, i am not trying to change the location of the column in the column list. I can adjust that. My request is to add the ability to show the volume from right to left rather than its current forced set justification from left to right.

Comment

Hello JMont1,

Yes I commented on that, the superdom only shows columns to the right of the superdom price list. You can't put them to the left of the price list.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	SuperDOM.png
Views:	151
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	1215245 I am not trying to get the column to the right of the price section.

I am trying to get the Volume Column to justify right to left. So the right side is the mrgin. Currently it only allows it to use the left side as the margin.
          So the indicator would ScaleJustification= LEFT inside the column.
          Last edited by JMont1; 09-13-2022, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Hello JMont1,

There is no setting for that, you would need to make a custom column and render it how you wanted to. You can duplicate the existing column if you wanted to do that.

Comment

That is what I tried. I made a copy of Volume for the SuperDOM. THen I tried:
              Attempted to simply add into the State == State.SetDefaults section:
              Copied this line from an indicator that uses it:
              ScaleJustification = NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.ScaleJustification.Right;

ScaleJustification = NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.ScaleJustification.Left; Copied out fo "AddPlotNames"
              As line insert line 301 into a rename of NT8's SuperDomColumns: Volume column.
              Error CS0103

I am wondering if it is because there is no scale for the right side in SuperDOM. But not sure how the compiler would know that.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello JMont1,

There is no setting called ScaleJustification for the superdom column, that is for indicators where they have a Chart with scales. To change the volume superdom column you would need to edit its OnRender code so that it renders how you wanted. That would not be something you could just toggle you would have to effectively re write the existing OnRender code that renders rectangles from left to right.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by rene69851, 05-02-2024, 03:25 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post rene69851  
                Started by ETFVoyageur, Yesterday, 07:05 PM
                5 responses
                0 likes