Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to add market replay capability to a custom indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to add market replay capability to a custom indicator

Hi I found this custom indicator online. it works great except it does not work with market replay. How do I enable this to work on market replay as well? TIA
    Attached Files

Hi kv712,

When you look at your Data Series properties, do you see a "Tick Replay" checkbox?

If not, search for how to enable tick replay on charts to enable this checkbox. Once it is checked then it will work for you.

Regards,
    Steven

Note of caution: This setting will take more resources and CPU when loading or refreshing the chart.
    Last edited by StevenL; 02-13-2022, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by StevenL View Post
      Hi kv712,

When you look at your Data Series properties, do you see a "Tick Replay" checkbox?

If not, search for how to enable tick replay on charts to enable this checkbox. Once it is checked then it will work for you.

Regards,
      Steven

Note of caution: This setting will take more resources and CPU when loading or refreshing the chart.
      Hi Steve,
      Thank you replying. Tick replay is already enabled. I believe the indicator is not programmed to work with market replay and needs to be modified to do so. I am no programmer so seeking help here.

Comment

I would also like to move the bid/ask vol. columns to the left so I can see OF market depth using standard OF market depth map indicator.

Comment

Hello kv712,

The OnMarketData() section looks pretty small which would be the part affected by TickReplay and likely wouldn't bee too much work to change.

All of the calls to ask and bid are all already occurring on the last update (as TickReplay only updates with the last).

Are you using print to show that the e.Ask and e.Bid are not available on e.Last updates?
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea,
            Thank you for replying. I have not coded this indicator so I am not sure. I am in very early stages of leaning how to code. Can you suggest what changes I need to make and where to make them in the script so it works with market replay and to move that bid.ask volume column to the left? Thanks.

Comment

Hello kv712,

I think you need to understand specifically what is not working.

Below is a link to a forum post that demonstrates using Print() to understand behavior.
              https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...040#post786040

With TickReplay enabled, print e.Time, and e.Ask to the output window in the condition where e.MarketDataType equals MarketDataType.Last. Do you see this appearing for historical data?

I am also including a link to the help guide on market data arguments.
              Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by DawnTreader, Yesterday, 05:58 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
              Started by OllieFeraher, Today, 11:14 AM
              3 responses
              0 likes