Ip address for connection test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ip address for connection test

I'm trying to get the IP Address(s) for Live Accounts with Ninjatrader so I can ping them for packet speed and response tests. If there are different IP's for the CME live data vs. an IP that trade executions are actually placed through, is it possible to test both?

Thanks.

Hello GwFutures1988,

Thank you very much for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

If you are using the "NinjaTrader" connection, please ping the following address, as this would be the address that receives and manages the orders:

live.tradovateapi.com ( 34.120.3.201 )

For NinjaTrader Continuum-based connections, we are not currently aware of a server that can be pinged directly, as all of CQG's servers do not respond to ping requests. However, the connection itself would be established with www.cqgtrader.com​ for live accounts. Demo/Sim accounts are handled on the platform exclusively.

Please don't hesitate to let me know, should you have any further questions!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NinjaTrader_Manfred Thank you very much!!! That IP was exactly what I needed as I'm using "NinjaTrader" Connection!

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Manfred View Post
        Hello GwFutures1988,

Thank you very much for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

If you are using the "NinjaTrader" connection, please ping the following address, as this would be the address that receives and manages the orders:

live.tradovateapi.com ( 34.120.3.201 )

For NinjaTrader Continuum-based connections, we are not currently aware of a server that can be pinged directly, as all of CQG's servers do not respond to ping requests. However, the connection itself would be established with www.cqgtrader.com​ for live accounts. Demo/Sim accounts are handled on the platform exclusively.

Please don't hesitate to let me know, should you have any further questions!
        Hello, on one account it seems to be loading from 67.152.7.180, with a 17ms ping
        on a second account it is loading from 34.120.3.201 , 0 ms ping

both accounts are on NinjatraderMobile vps.

67.152.7.180 is with NT 8.1.1.7 (because gmail doesnt work on new one, and I need notifications, thread::QDkDo3Lhd1KMIH_uG2sTEUA::​ with Spencer), it is with "Continuum" connection
        34.120.3.201 is with NT 8.1.2.1 with "live" connection

So, how can understand this? How is the best way to check the VPS?
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello rocker84,

Thanks for your notes.

The connection named "Live" connects through Tradovate and not through NinjaTrader Continuum.

If you are connecting to a NinjaTrader Continuum connection on 8.1.1.7 and are connecting to the 'Live' connection on 8.1.2.1, the different IP address would be as expected.
          Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrandonH View Post
            Hello rocker84,

Thanks for your notes.

The connection named "Live" connects through Tradovate and not through NinjaTrader Continuum.

If you are connecting to a NinjaTrader Continuum connection on 8.1.1.7 and are connecting to the 'Live' connection on 8.1.2.1, the different IP address would be as expected.
            so, how should I be connected to get less latency with CyrusOne?

Comment

Hello rocker84,

Thanks for your notes.

I am not certain as to what CyrusOne is. Is this a third-party VPS software you are using?

NinjaTrader does not provide support for using or setting up a VPS and you would need to reach out to the VPS provider for information about how to set up and use the VPS to have less latency.

For any other NinjaTrader specific questions, please feel free to write in to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrandonH View Post
                Hello rocker84,

Thanks for your notes.

I am not certain as to what CyrusOne is. Is this a third-party VPS software you are using?

NinjaTrader does not provide support for using or setting up a VPS and you would need to reach out to the VPS provider for information about how to set up and use the VPS to have less latency.

For any other NinjaTrader specific questions, please feel free to write in to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.
                CyrusOne is CME´s data center

Comment

Hello rocker84,

Thanks for your notes.

A 17-millisecond round-trip travel time is actually quite good. To elaborate further, this round-trip latency represents the time it takes the order to leave NinjaTrader, reach your broker, reach the exchange, and then the exchange to send a confirmation signal back to your broker who then sends it to your NinjaTrader.

You could ensure that you are using a hardwired internet connection. Wireless and satellite connections can drop packets or have a poor latency.

If a low-latency connection is not available, a VPS can be a great solution.

We do have some VPS vendors we could point you towards if you're looking for such a service. Please reach out to my colleagues via email at vendorsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com if you'd like more information.

Comment

Hello good morning,

the email is still valid

[email protected]

to get in touch to discuss VPS recommendation issues.​

Comment

Hello kliberthtrading20231107,

Thanks for your notes.

Yes, that is the correct email address to inquire about VPS vendors if you're looking for such a service.

Thanks for using NinjaTrader!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post llanqui
                      by llanqui

Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM