Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator availability in Strategy Builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator availability in Strategy Builder

Hi there. I have built an indicator and it works fine on chart but in trying to incorporate it into a strategy built inside the wizard it does not appear in the list of choices. I'm still a bit of a newbie here in programming yet I can't find some obvious example of a state, declaration, method, etc. in other indicators that DO appear in the strategy builder list of choices when building out a conditional set. What need I add to the code in order to access it in the strategy builder?
    Again, it DOES appear in the list of indicator choices when pulled from the chart and plots precisely as desired...

My intent is to add a boolean on the same condition that fires the chart visual plot so that the If/Then conditional environment in this case = True.

Thanx
    JM
    Last edited by johnMoss; 11-23-2021, 03:37 PM.

Hi John, thanks for posting.

The indicator must add at least on Plot using the AddPlot() method or expose a public Series<T>. Here is an example of a public bool Series:

Best regards,
    -ChrisL

Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Chris

Comment

Hi John, sorry but I mispoke. The strategy builder can only read Plots from an indicator. To simulate a boolean plot, you can make a plot (AddPlot) in the indicator that gets assigned to Value[0] = 0 for false and Value[0] = 1 for true, that plot can be read from the builder.

Best regards,
        -ChrisL

Comment

Copy that thanx for the heads up.. I'll give it a shot ...

Comment

OK so attempting build and confused. Currently there are six possible plots that exist already, only one of which will fire; on that bar only, and of course based on conditional statements that hold true for any one of the six conditions. Let me call this indicator "Divergence". Divergence has six conditions that are being evaluated onBarClose. So, A,B,C,D,E, or F.

As Example, in the Strat builder, and in the "Conditions and Actions" window, and using a "long" group as example, the goal is that if the plot for 'A' [condition above] has fired on the chart (visible), I am wanting to create a statement inside the builder group that catches that as part of the overall collection of if/then arguments to execute desired entry action.

Up front I have assumed I need a boolean on this. Am I wrong? A better way to handle this perhaps?

Comment

Hi John, thanks for your reply.

You will need to check for the correct value in the 'A' plot. I'm not 100% clear on what exactly the question is. If you can describe your question with screen shots I will be able to give a more detailed answer.

Best regards,
              -ChrisL

Comment

Happy to do so but in the immediate here's an example: Condition "A" is a new low for the day and if occurs, it fires an arrow up on the screen. I want the fact that that arrowed fired to be readable by the strat builder so it can be used as one of a series of conditional arguments for entry decision.

Comment

Hi John, thanks for clarifying. A Plot will need to be used still. On every bar that an arrow does not plot, fill in a 0 for the plot value. On bars where the an arrow is drawn, fill in a 1 for the plot value. In the strategy builder, you will be able to read that plot value and if its 1 you know an arrow was drawn on that bar.

Best regards,
                  -ChrisL

Comment

Hi I need a ninja trader 8 developer please DM

Comment

Hello,

If you need assistance with a script, please reach out to us via email at scriptingsupport[AT]ninjatrader.com. Or create your own post in the relevant forum topic by clicking into the topic and selecting 'New topic'.

If you would like a developer to code a script for you, you can search our extensive library of NinjaScript consultants through the link below. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more:
                      You can locate the contact information for the consultants on their direct websites for any additional questions you may have. Since these consultants are third-party services for NinjaTrader, all pricing and support information will need to be obtained through the consultant.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem, LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.
                      Gaby V.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                      5 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Bidder
                      by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                      4 responses